Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019
  • Options
    jusdowelljusdowell Posts: 148 ✭✭✭ Junior
    If Burch comes down to us and them I don’t see why a no1 in the country player wouldn’t want to play for us instead of them considering we contend for championships and have put guys on our dline into the league compared to them. I also looked at their roster can’t even compare to ours. Why wouldn’t you wanna play and be around other great players. I honestly think we end up with Burch with having no insight jus reading between the lines 
  • Options
    HornedDawgsHornedDawgs Posts: 610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @jusdowell Clowney was a god to them and he still gets treated as such in Columbia. I’m sure that’s how their recruiting him. He’d be an idol in Columbia and just another great player on our team 
  • Options
    EvilSamPittmanEvilSamPittman Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Yeah if Burch goes to SCar it will be because momma wants him home and he wants to be home.   It was just like when Jimmy Butler went to Miami Heat in free agency - it’s not always about winning a championship for some guys.
  • Options
    Daytona_DawgDaytona_Dawg Posts: 11 ✭✭ Sophomore
    Still have a bad feeling Burch ends up at CU. I feel like it will end up coming down to us and Clemson. I feel like if he were going to choose the chickens he would have already, I mean he’s been there a lot 
  • Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Are the Dawgs going to talk to Manning ?
  • Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    There are clear targets at DB, I’ve never heard him mentioned.
  • Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Thanks Sofl, saw where he just decommited
  • Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ok guys let’s step back and think for a second. If Burch is REALLY down to UGA & SCAR then is there REALLY a question as to where he ends up once it’s time to sign (December) and SCAR has gone 6-6 or 7-5 while UGA is in the CFP. IMO as long as UGA does what each one of us expects them to do this season (make the CFP), then we have nothing to worry about as far as Burch is concerned. The drive from Columbia to Athens isn’t that bad 6-7 times a year, especially if UGA is playing for something and SCAR isn’t.

• Options
    EvilSamPittmanEvilSamPittman Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @dgd829 you need to read what I wrote above.
  • Options
    Dawgy_FreshDawgy_Fresh Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Agreed with @EvilSamPittman

@texdawg wrote a great post about his recruitment and what goes into kids decisions. As fans we see it as a no brainer that UGA > Scar but maybe Burch wants to stay closer to home or maybe he wants to be THE guy. Maybe he doesn’t like change and Columbia is home. So many variables at play that’s it’s not as easy as saying we have a better program so.... time to commit. 

End of of the day I hope he’s a dawg but if he chooses Scar so be it. 
  • Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A lot of kids don't want to basically live at home especially to play for a team that's going nowhere.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does that mean he will only sign with the Carolina Panthers in 2024/5

• Options
    WintonkWintonk Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    If we are wanting to get Chris Thompson, it sounds as if we need to get more coaches recruiting him and put on the full court press.  I'm sure we were wanting to see what his measurables were before going harder at him. It does sound as if we have some ground to make up with Texas and in a short amount of time with him wanting to commit before the season starts.  

He needs to link up with Lecounte and Reed when we do get him on campus.  Get'em!
  • Options
    umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Honestly, I'd be surprised if we have time with the dead period and all.

• Options
    WintonkWintonk Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019
    @umooner, I agree.  Unless we are able to talk him into delaying until we get him back here.  After that, we would need to work on flipping him and that will depend on how Lecounte and Reed perform this season (draft potential).  
This discussion has been closed.