Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Braves Ongoing Season Comments Thread..

Comments

• cory430cory430 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree, and I don't think that they will have to trade top line prospects for Grienke. I also think that they will spend the money if AA seems it a worthy deal, which it seems to be, to me at least.

• IwantkendallIwantkendall Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kuechel looking strong tonight

• KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He is interesting to me, he seems to get a lot of swings on pitches out of the zone. Like even when he is behind in the count. And he doesn’t seem to have the kind of stuff with crazy movement that would cause that.

i have no idea how he does it but I love it

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

Keuchel pitched another gem tonight. Not only does he give us quality he gives us quantity. This is his 3rd straight start where he went 7 innings.

Management has really worked efficiently in signing useful players with such cheap ownership. I'm eager to find out if Liberty gives The team the go ahead to trade for Bumgarner or another potential difference maker starter when the trading period opens in 2 1/2 weeks.

Kirb. Disguising the pitch is a good way to fool hitters into swinging at pitches out of the zone. Keuchel seems to be really hard for hitters to read.

Yet another late inning win tonight 7 /5 in extra innings.I'm starting to love this team. They really remind me of Bobby Cox teams in their low key professionalism and the way nothing seems to faze them.

• LD10LD10 Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

luke Jackson aka Nuke Leloosch saved another one.

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

Luke Jackson is not a closer.

But he manages to get the job done, someway, somehow.

• georgiaboygeorgiaboy Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Apparently I’ve lost my mind, I know he plays for the Mets but I guess I had Philly on the brain?

CTDawg. While The Braves have the lowest ERA for relief pitchers in the league since June 1st, we're only 12 of 18 in save opportunities. We should be around 15 3. Think about gaining 3 more games in just under 7 weeks. With a top 10 closer from opening day we'd probably be up 15 games. That tells me 24 spots are championship level and 1 spot sucs.

According to my sources The Philly mascot kidnapped Degrom and he's demanding 10 years supply of Twinkies for his return. Seriously though,Mets, Phillies, put both in a bag and pull one out, that's about my interest level in either of them. I used to have some interest in other teams,now It's just The Braves and whoever is in our way. I do have interest in great players regardless who they play for though.

Editing is tricky with my laptop and Windows 10, It seems to not be working

At all with this android tablet so I'll add this that I would have preferred to edit into my last post.

I do still appreciate greatness. I follow Houston and The Dodgers enough to believe they've had the 2 best rosters over the past 4 years. The Dodgers should win The World Series this year, but they should have won it last year. So maybe they'll pull a Bobby Cox and we can get past them, but we need a closer and more stability in the rotation, but the lineup is there.

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg agree with you pretty much on every point there my man. Austin Riley is worrying me a bit lately, but 1-8 I think the lineup is championship level. Certainly good enough to get hot enough to reach that level. Folty is the wild card in the rotation, but Soroka and Keuchel make for a good 1-2 punch in a postseason rotation. Get a true closer and slot Jackson down an inning or two and I would feel supremely better about our odds.

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can they complete the sweep with Soroka today and make it 7-1 in their last 8? I think so.

This discussion has been closed.