Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What's UR Favorite Football/Inspiration Quote?

DawgBiscuitDawgBiscuit Posts: 480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here a few from one of the Greatest Coaches ever... Vince Lombardi...

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.

Winners never quit and quitters never win.

It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up.

The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Winning is not everything, but wanting to win is.

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.

Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.

Practice doesn’t make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.

Football is like life - it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority."

Comments

• KeithsaxonKeithsaxon Posts: 683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“Let’s do it dawg style” - Lindsay Scott

• VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

"RUN THE DAM BALL, BOBO"

-Everyone

• bvilledawgbvilledawg Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

"Brick buy brick!" 😂 What a ****.

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“The ball ain't heavy.”

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,645 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

From my HS coach:

”That play is as square as grannie’s slipper”

”You let that man get behind you, then Bob’s your uncle”

”Judas Priest!”

”I want to see sparks fly out your asses!”

”You don’t know your onions”

• ftn49ftn49 Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That may have been the most disgraceful act I've ever seen. Well, not really, but that is truly horrible that they let a guy like that around kids.

• BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“ALL I WANNA DO IS F*CKIN EAT!!!” Kirby Smart (2018)🐶🐶

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,566 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Son, you have hands like a duck"

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,566 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Theodore Roosevelt- "man in the arena"

Still gets me fired up.

Is that a joke? Disgraceful. That guy is drunk. SLurring his words....

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Erk Russell had many inspirational quotes, but the one he used to simplify things was “just one more time”.

He also used GATA with 2 meanings, depending on the audience: Get After Their A s s e s or the G Rated Get After Them Aggressively.

• swilkerson73swilkerson73 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well I want you to understand somethin'. To me, being perfect is not about that scoreboard out there. It's not about winning. It's about you and your relationship to yourself and your family and your friends.

Being perfect is about being able to look your friends in the eye and know that you didn't let them down, because you told them the truth. And that truth is that you did everything that you could. There wasn't one more thing that you could've done.

Can you live in that moment, as best you can, with clear eyes and love in your heart? With joy in your heart?

If you can do that gentlemen, then you're perfect.

Billy Bob Thornton from Friday Night Lights the movie.

I know its fictional. But a lot of truth in there.

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

In a letter to his 1968 team, Lombardi wrote: 'Gentlemen...Getting knocked down is no disgrace; staying there is.'

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Mark this day down gents...swilkerson posted something i was gonna post

• 914Dawg914Dawg Posts: 315 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My HS football coach played for Lombardi at Fordham (in the late 1940's) and would quote him constantly - my respect for both men led to my HS yearbook quote: "The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work. Hard work is the price we pay for success." Vince Lombardi

P.S. My coach would also say things like (if someone was arm tackling): "Hit Him! Stop with this 'waltz me around again willy' stuff."

• Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Having coached football and lacrosse for 15 years, and being known as a "fiery, motivational style coach", I've given literally hundreds of pregame, halftime, and postgame motivational speeches/quotes. Some were good/great, others, not so much! That said, the following pregame speech given by Coach Flowers of Leland High School is one that always fires me up, and makes me wish I had given it!

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You have to hate losing more than you love winning

“Blood makes the grass grow”

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Know when to hold 'em

Know when to fold 'em