Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Vol Injured

UnsworthUnsworth Posts: 227 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
edited September 2017 in General

Wes Rucker, who covers 24/7 for the Vols, tweeted: "Butch: #Vols Jr DT Shy Tuttle injured his face by falling on a helmet."

I'm sorry, but that's funny.

Comments

• TNDawgTNDawg Posts: 20 ✭ Freshman

Jones being Jones. Helmet involved but didn't fall on it.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Unsworth said:
    Wes Rucker, who covers 24/7 for the Vols, tweeted: "Butch: #Vols Jr DT Shy Tuttle injured his face by falling on a helmet."

I'm sorry, but that's funny.

Is he out?
    Way to be Tennessee, Tennessee...

Jones says he expected to be back this week. However, hearing he may be out awhile. Supposedly, fractured bone around the eye. If that is case don't see any way he plays for a month.

@TNDawg said:
    Jones says he expected to be back this week. However, hearing he may be out awhile. Supposedly, fractured bone around the eye. If that is case don't see any way he plays for a month.

Was that an eye joke?... lol.

• HotDawgsAndMustardHotDawgsAndMustard Posts: 153 ✭✭✭ Junior

Is this like when a woman tells a judge she 'fell down the stairs and hit her face on a door knob"?

• UnsworthUnsworth Posts: 227 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don’t know if this is true, but it was on Vol Nation:

“Originally Posted by 'Boro-vol:
    I was told about the injury to Tuttle today, by a booster friend who knows some folks in the AD. He has a severe black-eye (orbital injury), received some time last week, reportedly inflicted by a very popular freshman safety. His eye is apparently swollen shut. This is why he didn't play.

That is all the detail he had this morning, but was going to try and find out the circumstances around the altercation.”

Lol, fell on his helmet.

• SIlverCreekDawgSIlverCreekDawg Posts: 110 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Unsworth said:

I was told about the injury to Tuttle today, by a booster friend who knows some folks in the AD. He has a severe black-eye (orbital injury), received some time last week, reportedly inflicted by a very popular freshman safety. His eye is apparently swollen shut. This is why he didn't play.

That is all the detail he had this morning, but was going to try and find out the circumstances around the altercation.”

Lol, fell on his helmet.

The rumor going around is that Tuttle and Nigel Warrior got into a fight and Warrior clocked him in the eye.

@SIlverCreekDawg said:

@Unsworth said:

Lol, fell on his helmet.

The rumor going around is that Tuttle and Nigel Warrior got into a fight and Warrior clocked him in the eye.

Guessing it's Nigel mad he didn't commit to uga back in the day... not to late to come on down and play with your cousins... lol

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TNDawg said:
    It looks bad. I don't see him playing Saturday.

Looks like a nice left hook to me.

@donm said:

@TNDawg said:

"Cut'em Mick!"

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:

@donm said:

@TNDawg said:

"Cut'em Mick!"

Mick was the best followed by Clint in million dollar baby

• Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@TNDawg said:

Man, you ain't lyin'...wow!

Hilarious responses...

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"The injury was caused not by a teammate. He landed on a helmet. And that's the truth... What do we want out of our media?. This place with the drama? And again, these are kids. I think we all have children. And we're all adults...Are we in the reality world of TV? And I think all of us as human beings have to fact check ourselves. And you may not like that answer, but I'm a father. I have three boys." -Butch Jones.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2017

So let's try to take CBJ at his word.

So this guy was running down the field, and tripped. And where he landed, there happened to be a helmet right where his eye landed?

It's hard to believe that the large "ball" (shape of helmet) landed in the small "socket" (eye).

The two are mismatched sizes... in order to do that damage, it had to fit almost perfectly into the socket cavity.

Easy evaluation would show that it is VERY unlikely it was a helmet that did that damage...

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't forget that the eye always looks worse even if it wasn't the point of contact. The damage is above and below the eye but the eye swells from the blood. I had an eye that almost looked like that from an abscessed tooth one time. Just saying - hate UT despise Butch Jones.

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe Nigel Warrior hit him with a helmet? So it's not a complete fabrication that he was injured by a helmet.

@mattmd2 said:
    Maybe Nigel Warrior hit him with a helmet? So it's not a complete fabrication that he was injured by a helmet.

Touché