Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

National Hammock Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hammocks, thousands of years old may have originated in Central America and were brought back by Spanish explorers and caught on in Europe and then the U.S. They became popular on naval ships as a way to save space and have stayed with us to this day.

If you have a hammock, make a point to use it. If you don't have one, I guess you could go buy one. Or, just lie down and take a nap. I'm sure that would suffice for today.

It's also National Penuche Fudge Day. Of Italian origin, this maple flavored fudge is incredible...or so I'm told.

Comments

• Options
    UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope my wife doesn’t realize it’s national hammock day. She’ll be asleep on the porch we just built, lol.

• Options
    DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

ahhhh finally a Day I can actually get into.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm 63 years old and I don't recall being in a hammock once in my life...what TF is wrong with me ?

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Clearly what's wrong is that you've never been in a hammock!! Would've made a huge difference. You mighta been a contender.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,038 mod

@WCDawg a hammock is better than a Snickers bar. Maybe you should try it when you start feeling...well you know......

😛