Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• jusdowelljusdowell Posts: 148 ✭✭✭ Junior

it seems like things took a turn in this forum thread after the raym commitment and some guy discontinuing coach scott. To me people really ungrateful about who we get or don’t get. To be honest what if Kirby didn’t do such a great job his first two years. We wouldn’t be so into recruiting and getting upset about certain recruits because we wouldn’t even be recruiting at such a high level for the 2020 class. Peoples expectations are high as they should be but remember Georgia is still trying to become a national brand for 2020 and beyond.

• dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am wondering with only 5 scholarship RBs for 2019 do we try to recruit 3 RBs in 2020 to get us back to 6 RBs?

Im thinking:

1) Milton

2) Tank

3) Daijun Edwards

would a guy as good as Daijun Edwards want to be the 3rd back?

recruiting ratings don't mean everything and he could get on campus and beat out somebody ahead of him.

we will be in this same situation for the 2021 cycle if both Zeus & Cook go pro & we only take 2 RBs in 2020

• Big_jamon_dawgBig_jamon_dawg Posts: 14 ✭✭ Sophomore

You (and of course Jeff) are truly exceptional gentlemen. I appreciate you guys posts and knowledge tremendously. Please keep the posts coming when you’re back in the mood. This year is going to be legendary when all is said and done!

• fibonaccisquaredfibonaccisquared Posts: 43 ✭✭✭ Junior

I can't imagine we would just due to how tight space is in the class already. We may put a little more emphasis on finding PWO RBs for this cycle though for that reason. 5 RBs is still a lot... even with the amount that we spread the ball around.

• BaxleydawgBaxleydawg Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg I agree DW goes to Alabama. I think James Coley and Todd Hartley will impress TJ and AG by the end of the Notre Dame game. Kirby maybe the best recruiter in the game. The reason I’m not work about Mullet. Kirby has earned our trust. Pruitt can recruit though. More worried about Tennesse than Florida next 5 years

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

5 RB is the ideal number. A 3rd RB would be a gross waste of scholarship and I would rather take a 5th WR to cover an area where we are short both in terms of overall numbers and Blue Chip recruits. A running attack is obviously our preference but will not be successful without a credible passing threat.

• gdawg4lifegdawg4life Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is this a rule change in the last 15 years or so? I recall seeing a documentary on the Miami Hurricanes and they were limited on football scholarships, so they got creative and brought a few guys in on track scholarships. They ran track and I believe we’re cons “walk-ons” for the football team. Again, this was more than a decade ago so rules could have changed.

• Ugadawg1993Ugadawg1993 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@gdawg4life yea it’s a newer rule cause teams were doing what Miami did

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can we all drink too Jeff and Soflo, it is national tequil day after all. If you’re not **** up by this point, i questions your uga fandom

This discussion has been closed.