Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Evan's is a long shot here guys, he is only coming bc his two teammates are coming to town. Milton and tank , let's roll with that, we are prob 3rd in running for evans

A&m has always been considered the favorite, his package deal buddy is at bama. What info u got?

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

What info do any of us have outside of what we're told by people more in the know? Jeff himself said he's hearing it's a two team race between UGA and Bama. @SoFL_Dawg has said we are firmly in the race. I personally think Alabama came across as very desperate with their signing of Evans' teammate; Saban doesn't take 2 for 1 commitments, or at least he didn't in the past.

Alabama feels like the professional archetype of a team trading future assets for win-now players and coaches because Saban's hourglass is running low on sand.

Lol thinking A&M is not in the race

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Package deals generally fall apart if the elements of the package have no other ties than friendship/desire to play together. Would a top recruit ultimately go to a school with an unfavorable environment that could cost him $5+ million dollars to help his friend who may not be as talented get a spot where he may or may not be successful. Equally would a middling OL come to UGA to a situation where he likely not make the depth chart to be with his RB friend to maximize his potential. In the case of Adam Anderson IMO he flipped to LSU to help his 2 buds get an offer but flipped back to help himself. Friends helping friends but within limits.

I would not put too much stock in the "package deal". The other player will actually improve his stature by being an Alabama commit even if he doesn't end up there.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Could be labeled an Athlete, much like Meco and see where he ends up, which id be good with.

• dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s Milton & Evans if they want it

if Tank wants to commit he can and then there’s only 1 spot.

but obviously Tank isn’t ready to commit, and is probably giving staff mixed signals (smoke/payback for slow playing him) he is trying to figure out if he’ll get left out on the curb if Evans wants in later. (Which by all account in the know would say that he would still have a spot & Evans would be sent looking elsewhere.)

Kirby & Co want either one (Tank or Evans) that’ll commit first. But they won’t wait around forever & that’s why you hear names like McClellan & Co. Evans is a wildcard kind of like Burch. It is very telling though about where Georgia falls in their recruiting that both are at the cookout this weekend. They could be elimination visits, but I doubt it. Evans will be at the A&M game for sure.

I think Evans will want to reconfirm his silent commit to staff this weekend, and the RB talk will cool as far as the people in the know after this weekend. Tank will go to either Auburn/USC and that’ll be the tell as far as Evans is concerned. If we miss on Evans late, then I guarantee that we will flip Tank on ESD.

Have faith and #InKibyITrust

• umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’ve heard that it’s UGA or Bama OR UGA or A&M.

thats a combination of Jeff, 247, and SoFL. Personally, I don’t think anyone REALLY knows, but I don’t think we’re a distant third by any means.

Reconfirm his silent? That's hilarious, u either want in or u dont.

• mantis_toboggan69mantis_toboggan69 Posts: 264 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited July 2019

assuming that Tank is purposefully giving the staff mixed signals as some sort of payback is obnoxious

• Cclark91Cclark91 Posts: 176 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Ive read on the clemson borads that they expect burch at the cookout tomorrow. I thought he was supposed to be up there today and spend tomorrow and saturday in the classic city. Or did i miss this or just speculations?

This discussion has been closed.