Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Zeus looks ready

BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looks to me like hes back. Hes cutting at about 90%. Hes ready to play in a game.

Comments

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We cant go wrong with a #1 and #2 of Swift and Herrien. Cook is the scatback.

We can give Zeus all the time he needs, but I can see him getting about five 4th quarter carries a game, plus on the goal line.

• IwantburchIwantburch Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When did he tear the last acl?

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think we all anticipate the script is a slow roll to begin with and a breakout game around ND or UTjr. No doubt teams will load the box, and we do what we’ve always done - run with some passes mixed in. O-line wins the game. However, our new play caller(s) may change it up and surprise us all. I’m thinking a lot depends on the receivers.

Question: do we risk Pikens, DRob or another much needed receiver as a return man?

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It all depends on White's knees. I agree our staff will be very cautious, as they should be. If everything checks out positively I expect Zeus to bust loose on one of those few carries. At that point I expect a reassessment and gradual increases in touches. If he's healthy at some point he's going to make a run that opens some eyes.

• HouzdawgHouzdawg Posts: 340 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Is 6 Kenny??? Not sleeping him anymore!!

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

I think he will get a lot of playing time right out of the box 10 to 12 carries at least against Vandy. They will want to take that mental part out of the recovery early on and have him ready for ND, which I think will be his coming out party.......

• UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No one, not Kirby, not Zeus, not the doctors, no one, knows how he will react when he gets hit for the first time. The mental aspect of getting over that injury takes more time than the physical part. I think everyone will know a lot more after the first scrimmage. But I do think they slow play it to ease him back in.

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am not sure what is going to happen at Vanderbilt it depends on too many unknowns. It is the first game. It is and away game. While it is true, that I think Georgia should win easily. Vanderbilt is not a scrimmage game they are in the SEC. We have not seen the D-line or line backers play this year. How much does the coaching staff want to work in the passing game? It sounds like they may want to build confidence and rapport with Fromm and the receiving core. Do the coaches want to give Cook some touches how about Kenny McIntosh. I think the coaches will be very cautious with Zamir White. I do not think Zamir White will get more than 4 or 5 carries against Vanderbilt but I could easily be wrong.

• MentokMentok Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

RB is not a position of need this year, without White we have a top five group nationally. Pump the brakes on 10+ carries out of the gate, that seems insane and irresponsible to me. In a hypothetical 14-15 game schedule I would expect that kind of workload to come in games 7-10.

• GeauxDawgsSicEmGeauxDawgsSicEm Posts: 62 ✭✭✭ Junior

Man, just seeing the photos of him from the practice... Kid looks ready!! #zeusontheloose

• PedroPedro Posts: 363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man I would love for his first carry to be a toss sweep.

• Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe zeus will bring the pain of 2 years of waiting on someone. 🚂