Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• joe_rush45joe_rush45 Posts: 163 ✭✭✭ Junior

Someone's feeling good bout "Them Dawgs"

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Something will pop tomorrow , mark it down. Dawgs on Top

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@icecolddawg said:
    Gilbert Frierson today and Campbell less than 72 hours ago trending. Lord is it really you or is it just your favor on UGA. Whatever it is, I praise your name! My goodness gracious...

@Denmen185 Do you still think I'm wishing or is it really a possibility to see

DB: Smith, Frierson, Campbell, Johnson, Burle

They are all in my Mock Class except I would drop Brule if Reese flips

• icecolddawgicecolddawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Denmen185 said

They are all in my Mock Class except I would drop Brule if Reese flips

I can agree with your omission of Brule for the addition of Reese. That's what you call upgrading talent

Trust in Kirby. If he didn't want to take Brule, he wouldn't of accept the commitment at this time in the game.

• dawgnation7dawgnation7 Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@texdawg I agree!! That qb from Georgia that got dropped by Illinois is a horrible look from a program. I heard that Wildgoose was a opening for other players in the area. I do think Kirby should get his best options, but who is to say that isn't what he is doing. A great team with chemistry is better than a team full of 5 star players that don't play together in my opinion.

• spradlin24spradlin24 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@texdawg said:
    I understand the desire to sign the top class. It's been proven that national championship contenders sign more 4 and 5 star players than the other schools do.

But good recruiting also means good scouting. Just because the rating sites rate a kid a 5,4 or 3 star doesn't mean it's true.
    And I'm sure grateful that we have these 3 star players right now : Kindley, Marshall, McGee, Sanders and Herrien. And I'm especially grateful to have our little ole 2 star player
    J R Reed.
    There has been a lot of talk that hopefully CKS slow plays a Wildgoose,
    Becton or Brule.

If CKS likes them enough that he gave them committable offers then there is a good chance these kids are pretty good football players. If it means we don't get to our 305 pts in 247 - that's OK.

As a high school coach, slow playing a recruit so he hopefully decommits is bad business. And it won't go very well next time a college coach wants to recruit in that high school.

Hopefully CKS honors the kids who have already committed to the G.

I agree with you on star rating and the bad look it would be if we slow play a kid into pulling his commitment in that area. I am also very happy with our lower rated players that have come in with something to prove and playing hungry. The exceptional start for Reed has kept 5* Gibbs on the sideline for the most part this season. I do not think anyone would have guessed that when he enrolled last year. Reed was looked at as a necessary piece to pull Gibbs into the class. My how things look different now that he has had time on the field. He will be a big help next year when the experience leaves and the very talented young pups get their shot.

• dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirby mentioned some freshman happy some disappointed, their going to be transfers in this competition driven team mentality, so spots that we didn'the know will open up.
    Sure we are always upfront with all recruits and their status. What might be a bad luck, could have been a honest conversation upfront to a scenerio where a kid does not find a spot or a honest converstion Toneil Carter on the backside.
    Toneil Carter best interests was served scoring TD at Texas vs not playing as the 6th man out at Georgia.
    Never for blindsiding a recruit which I agree with many of you. Not who we want to be as a program, that catchs up with you.

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,566 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree with @dawgbybirth. The Toneil Carter thing was entirely because of 27 and 1 returning.

Things happen in recruiting and last minute changes are necessary.

Scanning twitter every 30 mins, waiting for the pop

@texdawg said:
    I understand the desire to sign the top class. It's been proven that national championship contenders sign more 4 and 5 star players than the other schools do.

But good recruiting also means good scouting. Just because the rating sites rate a kid a 5,4 or 3 star doesn't mean it's true.

Typically the 5 star players that UGA has signed the past few years have turned out to be good players. But there are almost as many misses as there are hits with the 4 stars that were signed.

And I'm sure grateful that we have these 3 star players right now : Kindley, Marshall, McGee, Sanders and Herrien. And I'm especially grateful to have our little ole 2 star player
    J R Reed.

There has been a lot of talk that hopefully CKS slow plays a Wildgoose,
    Becton or Brule.

If CKS likes them enough that he gave them committable offers then there is a good chance these kids are pretty good football players. If it means we don't get to our 305 pts in 247 - that's OK.

As a high school coach, slow playing a recruit so he hopefully decommits is bad business. And it won't go very well next time a college coach wants to recruit in that high school.

Hopefully CKS honors the kids who have already committed to the G.

I partially agree. I don't believe that Kirby would slow play anyone. I think he was up front when accepting the commitments from several of the current one's and he will tell them that they have been recruited over. How thet spin their decommitment is up to them. I also appreciate the non 4/5 stars that you mention but would also point out that in 2014 we signed 13 4/5 stars and still have 10 of them on the roster (including 9 "starters" - including 4 OL) with Park being the only one that "left" the roster. Of the 10, 9 are "starter" material so that class was certainly not a failure. Furthermore our top 6 recruits for 2015 were Thompson, Godwin, R. Smith, Ledbetter, Patrick and D Walker. Which of those are a bust? 2016 Blue chips include Eason, Nauta, Hardman, Rochester, Cleveland, M Carter, Woerner, Holyfield, Clark, Ridley and Wims. That's 11 (of 13) SOPHOMORES making significant contributions. Not a lot of "misses" there either.
    No team is likely to win a Natty without being mainly staffed with blue chips. I say be honest with the recruits (who I believe benefit in terms of getting better other offers) but take the best talent available.

• NIKEAIR2014NIKEAIR2014 Posts: 237 ✭✭✭ Junior

So we might get someone today?

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,566 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with @Denmen185. You have to have the blue chip players. And UGA has hit with their recent 4 stars.

But I trust CKS in regards to the commitments of Wildgoose, Brule and Becton and expect that they will be in this year's class.

But I've been wrong a number of times. According to my wife I've been wrong a couple of times today.

@texdawg said:
    I agree with @Denmen185. You have to have the blue chip players. And UGA has hit with their recent 4 stars.

But I trust CKS in regards to the commitments of Wildgoose, Brule and Becton and expect that they will be in this year's class.

But I've been wrong a number of times. According to my wife I've been wrong a couple of times today.

My, wife said I was right and does so 3 times a day. Of course I recorded it in 2010 :D
    Again, based on what I think I doubt that Kirby would have guaranteed them a spot but if he did I would also hope he honors them. I look at it as if he is willing to recruit over Eason and Fromm he is willing to recruit over recruits and that they were fully aware that their commitments were provisional. Also to consider, many of the lower recruits have gone up in rating since committing so have benefited from doing so and will be more likely to get a good offer than they would have otherwise.

Everyone's favorite question, who's next to join the movement / commit to the G / stay home or commit to gods country ?

I'm going KJ Henry, no reason other than just hoping for a big D commit to offset this Huge O commit. I mean why not have an even number of 4-5 stars on both sides of the ball.

Go Dawgs , what a great day

2nd choice, Adam Anderson now that KJ won't commit until the early signing period

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Anderson or Pappoe

This discussion has been closed.