Next to Commit to the G

2456756

Comments

  • bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    ^^^^^ Bryant's reasoning....

  • dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @Denmen185 said:
    @sethemerson @JeffSentell Looking ahead and I realize way too early to project but I have a question. To have early enrollees we need seniors to graduate in December or transfers out to occur at the end of the Fall semester. With regard to the Seniors I am assuming that even though they have graduated and hence not signed up for the Spring semester which starts January 4th that they would be allowed to play in the National Championship game January 8th (i.e. after the start of spring). Is this correct and is there special dispensation that allows an early enroll to say take Chubb's scholarship Jan 4th even though he is still "in school" and on the team? I assume that as he is only getting benefits other than tuition that is okay but not sure.

    Just to give some insight here. They would be allowed to play in the game even if they graduate. Now to the scholarship part. A player who graduates in December can opt to use the scholarship in the spring on graduate classes. Many guys do this because why not allow the school pay for some grad classes. Now I know that's not ideal for recruiting but this can happen. My friend who played at auburn last year graduated in the fall and used the scholarship on graduate school in the spring. Scholarship last until the summer like June 1st before they hit the next "cycle" or "year". Depending on what term you want to use there.

  • Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @dbrown7494 said:

    @Denmen185 said:
    @sethemerson @JeffSentell Looking ahead and I realize way too early to project but I have a question. To have early enrollees we need seniors to graduate in December or transfers out to occur at the end of the Fall semester. With regard to the Seniors I am assuming that even though they have graduated and hence not signed up for the Spring semester which starts January 4th that they would be allowed to play in the National Championship game January 8th (i.e. after the start of spring). Is this correct and is there special dispensation that allows an early enroll to say take Chubb's scholarship Jan 4th even though he is still "in school" and on the team? I assume that as he is only getting benefits other than tuition that is okay but not sure.

    Just to give some insight here. They would be allowed to play in the game even if they graduate. Now to the scholarship part. A player who graduates in December can opt to use the scholarship in the spring on graduate classes. Many guys do this because why not allow the school pay for some grad classes. Now I know that's not ideal for recruiting but this can happen. My friend who played at auburn last year graduated in the fall and used the scholarship on graduate school in the spring. Scholarship last until the summer like June 1st before they hit the next "cycle" or "year". Depending on what term you want to use there.

    I understand that but many who graduate, Chubb, Michel, Carter etc tend to leave and go to various camps for NFL combine training etc.

  • dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @Denmen185 then they are not enrolled in school so there scholarships are open for someone to use come the spring semester

  • Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @dbrown7494 said:
    @Denmen185 then they are not enrolled in school so there scholarships are open for someone to use come the spring semester

    As I said in the original post (if you read the entire thing) I THINK it's okay but want to ask the experts to verify my thinking that Chubb for instance is no longer enrolled in UGA but can get Food, Lodging, Travel etc and represent the university in the game without being classified as being on "scholarship" and counting as part of the 85. If you are a rules expert then TY. I don't think that this issue effects Bama as the school doesn't begin the spring semester until after the NCG is played.

  • dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    "Build it they will Come" It may or may not be soon, but the longer we wait the more commiting together rapid fire in a shorter window.

  • Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @dbrown7494 said:

    @Denmen185 said:
    @sethemerson @JeffSentell Looking ahead and I realize way too early to project but I have a question. To have early enrollees we need seniors to graduate in December or transfers out to occur at the end of the Fall semester. With regard to the Seniors I am assuming that even though they have graduated and hence not signed up for the Spring semester which starts January 4th that they would be allowed to play in the National Championship game January 8th (i.e. after the start of spring). Is this correct and is there special dispensation that allows an early enroll to say take Chubb's scholarship Jan 4th even though he is still "in school" and on the team? I assume that as he is only getting benefits other than tuition that is okay but not sure.

    Just to give some insight here. They would be allowed to play in the game even if they graduate. Now to the scholarship part. A player who graduates in December can opt to use the scholarship in the spring on graduate classes. Many guys do this because why not allow the school pay for some grad classes. Now I know that's not ideal for recruiting but this can happen. My friend who played at auburn last year graduated in the fall and used the scholarship on graduate school in the spring. Scholarship last until the summer like June 1st before they hit the next "cycle" or "year". Depending on what term you want to use there.

    Does that apply to early enrollees? Does their scholarship not run Jan-Dec? Can they stay on scholarship for more than 5 years without it being an impermissible benefit (other than getting an additional year of eligibility).

  • donmdonm Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Denmen185 said:

    @dbrown7494 said:

    @Denmen185 said:
    @sethemerson @JeffSentell Looking ahead and I realize way too early to project but I have a question. To have early enrollees we need seniors to graduate in December or transfers out to occur at the end of the Fall semester. With regard to the Seniors I am assuming that even though they have graduated and hence not signed up for the Spring semester which starts January 4th that they would be allowed to play in the National Championship game January 8th (i.e. after the start of spring). Is this correct and is there special dispensation that allows an early enroll to say take Chubb's scholarship Jan 4th even though he is still "in school" and on the team? I assume that as he is only getting benefits other than tuition that is okay but not sure.

    Just to give some insight here. They would be allowed to play in the game even if they graduate. Now to the scholarship part. A player who graduates in December can opt to use the scholarship in the spring on graduate classes. Many guys do this because why not allow the school pay for some grad classes. Now I know that's not ideal for recruiting but this can happen. My friend who played at auburn last year graduated in the fall and used the scholarship on graduate school in the spring. Scholarship last until the summer like June 1st before they hit the next "cycle" or "year". Depending on what term you want to use there.

    Does that apply to early enrollees? Does their scholarship not run Jan-Dec? Can they stay on scholarship for more than 5 years without it being an impermissible benefit (other than getting an additional year of eligibility).

    I'm pretty sure that a school can keep anyone on scholarship (like as an undergrad assistant) as long as they like, if their eligibility is up and it wouldn't count against their 85. As long as they have no eligibility left, they aren't on the (official roster) and don't count. I think.

  • Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Wiltfong's weekly recruiting update

    http://247sports.com/Article/247Sports-recruiting-Justin-Fields-top-targets-take-in-Georgias--108059609?utm_content=bufferf1764&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

    Also, UGA just offered Matthew Hill. To me that means 1 of the Juniors is leaving or that Webb's move to DB may be more than a short-term thing.

  • mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @afroche4 said:
    I am betting that a bunch commit together or on the same day after this past visit they shared. Wouldn't be surprised if they talked about it and concocted some grand reveal.....or is that just wishful thinking??

    I've long been a believer that they're planning something big together. A lot of @JeffSentell interviews seem to indicate that they all know what they're doing, where they're going, and who they'll be playing with. When they say that they're planning something big, I'm imagining one mass commit - hopefully in one big video highlighting them all. That's certainly never been done before (that I know of) and definitely counts as special. I feel like one day we'll wake up, go to work, and at the end of a single day, Georgia will have jumped to the top of the 2018 class.

    Upside to this is also that if they commit together, they'd be less likely to de-commit. They're already in it together as a team.

  • bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @mattmd2 said:

    @afroche4 said:
    I am betting that a bunch commit together or on the same day after this past visit they shared. Wouldn't be surprised if they talked about it and concocted some grand reveal.....or is that just wishful thinking??

    I've long been a believer that they're planning something big together. A lot of @JeffSentell interviews seem to indicate that they all know what they're doing, where they're going, and who they'll be playing with. When they say that they're planning something big, I'm imagining one mass commit - hopefully in one big video highlighting them all. That's certainly never been done before (that I know of) and definitely counts as special. I feel like one day we'll wake up, go to work, and at the end of a single day, Georgia will have jumped to the top of the 2018 class.

    Upside to this is also that if they commit together, they'd be less likely to de-commit. They're already in it together as a team.

    That would be awesome! I don't know how feasible that is with everyone wanting their own publicity, but it would be awesome!

  • Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 251 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @Denmen185 said:
    Wiltfong's weekly recruiting update

    http://247sports.com/Article/247Sports-recruiting-Justin-Fields-top-targets-take-in-Georgias--108059609?utm_content=bufferf1764&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

    Also, UGA just offered Matthew Hill. To me that means 1 of the Juniors is leaving or that Webb's move to DB may be more than a short-term thing.

    Interesting if the bolded is true. Wouldn't be surprised if Stanley & Chigbu see the writing on the wall with all the superior younger talent on the roster and in the pipeline

  • DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Denmen185 said:
    Wiltfong's weekly recruiting update

    http://247sports.com/Article/247Sports-recruiting-Justin-Fields-top-targets-take-in-Georgias--108059609?utm_content=bufferf1764&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

    Also, UGA just offered Matthew Hill. To me that means 1 of the Juniors is leaving or that Webb's move to DB may be more than a short-term thing.

    100% sure that Matthew Hill is not going to flip from Auburn to Georgia. Won't make any sense at all with the talent from the 2018 and 2019 class inbound. I believe that Webb's move to DB is short term. Prob just a temp thing till Parrish comes back (?).

  • Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Midnite_Train said:

    @Denmen185 said:
    Wiltfong's weekly recruiting update

    http://247sports.com/Article/247Sports-recruiting-Justin-Fields-top-targets-take-in-Georgias--108059609?utm_content=bufferf1764&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

    Also, UGA just offered Matthew Hill. To me that means 1 of the Juniors is leaving or that Webb's move to DB may be more than a short-term thing.

    Interesting if the bolded is true. Wouldn't be surprised if Stanley & Chigbu see the writing on the wall with all the superior younger talent on the roster and in the pipeline

    They may think that Godwin may leave early or Crumpton is unhappy. We have no way to know. It would surprise me if it were a Sophomore or Freshman.

  • SIlverCreekDawgSIlverCreekDawg Posts: 110 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @Midnite_Train said:

    @Denmen185 said:
    Wiltfong's weekly recruiting update

    http://247sports.com/Article/247Sports-recruiting-Justin-Fields-top-targets-take-in-Georgias--108059609?utm_content=bufferf1764&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

    Also, UGA just offered Matthew Hill. To me that means 1 of the Juniors is leaving or that Webb's move to DB may be more than a short-term thing.

    Interesting if the bolded is true. Wouldn't be surprised if Stanley & Chigbu see the writing on the wall with all the superior younger talent on the roster and in the pipeline

    Matthew Hill is likely being offered as a DB/S. He's better there than at WR in my opinion.

  • bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    That wouldn't make sense to me because of all the big names we are linked to could be posturing for another player that we have our eyes on at that school. Just a thought.

  • MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Being between Statesboro and Swainsboro, and coaching at ECI previously, playing with his dad in hs, and it's his dream offer. I'd say Fann to UGA is a lock. Small school, but he wreaks havoc.

  • dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @MacDawg15 said:
    Being between Statesboro and Swainsboro, and coaching at ECI previously, playing with his dad in hs, and it's his dream offer. I'd say Fann to UGA is a lock. Small school, but he wreaks havoc.

    I'm from vidalia, I've watched fann also, he's tough

  • JGrizzardJGrizzard Posts: 21 ✭ Freshman

    Hearing we are getting a big commit or two tomorrow? Who could it be. Maybe a flip?

  • NIKEAIR2014NIKEAIR2014 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2017

    @JGrizzard
    Where are you hearing this

  • JGrizzardJGrizzard Posts: 21 ✭ Freshman

    Guy over on Dawgrant. Said to buy ourselves something nice.

  • 12ed12ed Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @JGrizzard said:
    Guy over on Dawgrant. Said to buy ourselves something nice.

    Guy has no reputation though, just a random poster with 32 posts. The cake is a lie and we're getting nobody!

  • Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    I said on another thread, does the Hill offer give any indication that he is a Fields disciple?

  • cliffhangercliffhanger Posts: 159 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @JGrizzard said:
    Hearing we are getting a big commit or two tomorrow? Who could it be. Maybe a flip?

    Heard rumors as well of 1 possible 2 commits, but there just rumors for now. If we lay an egg today, they might stay rumors

  • CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

  • dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    Who is this

  • jc30116jc30116 Posts: 292 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2017

    Gilbert frierson in the photo above

Sign In or Register to comment.