Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Braves’ relievers cost Soroka another win

coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Braves’ bullpen imploded once again after Soroka had been taken out with a lead. This is probably the fourth or fifth win that the bullpen has cost Soroka. With his low ERA, Soroka would be getting some Cy Young consideration with these wins added to his record. I’ve been a Braves’ fan for about 50 years and have watched some bad pitching on some terrible teams, but I can't remember a worse stretch of relief pitching than we’ve had since the trade deadline. There’s not a single pitcher in a 9 man bullpen that I have any confidence in right now.

Comments

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree 100%. The kid was Maddox like tonite - around 13 pitches per inning. Wish Snit had left him in there. Depressing!!

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Mets won though so there’s that

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The kid is so good. Braves ain’t going anywhere until they find some relief help.

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

The trade to improve the bullpen is batting zero.

• Apaul404Apaul404 Posts: 61 ✭✭ Sophomore

They are pitching terribly right now. They will have to figure it out because other than guys in the minors this is what we got. If Dansby Swanson was healthy he probably tuns 2 on the Culbertson error and they win.

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Unreal. 7 runs allowed after the 7th. Our bullpen gave us the worst loss in a long time. No one in the bullpen knows how to close a game.

• UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I may be way off base on this, but in my mind this puts more pressure on the starters. They have to be thinking that they need to throw a complete game every time they step on the mound. Absolutely unbelievable how these trades to help the pen have blew up in our face.

I posted this on the other Braves thread.

So, we may be leading MLB in runs scored from the 7th inning on but also leading in runs given up from the 7th inning on? What a load.

• how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The relievers are killing the team, and my liver.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Up 5-4 in the 7th; what could possibly go wrong? Better go back and check the score see if we have lost it yet.

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Have never seen anything like it. Have seen plenty of guys go through tough stretches but right now it feels like no matter who is out there they can't get it done. I think Miami only had 1-2 hits through 8 innings last night then had 6 hits in a row. And they're one of most punchless offenses in baseball.

Acuna Jr saved Jackson's @ss at least temporarily with a great throw.

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Luke has given up more seeing-eye grounders and bloop hits than anyone I can remember seeing. Funny that our bullpen finally holds a lead without using either of the new “closers”.

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow, 3 innings of scoreless bullpen work with a little bit of love from his defense.

On a related note, if Acuna keeps up what's he's been doing does he start getting some MVP love? When you combine his power, hitting right at .300, leading the NL in stolen bases recently, his defense and throwing arm he is on the short list for best overall players in the game already.

• KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He will be in the conversation. But yellich and bellenger are clearly ahead of him