Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

National Vinyl Record Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wonder what % of our population on this forum have never listened to a vinyl record? Audiophiles no prize these discs for the fuller, more realistic sound they give. I'd have to agree. So,,,if you have any vinyl discos or know someone who does, spin a few tonight. If you are old enough to have your own, you can even play DJ and talk about the musicians and what was happening in the world when the discs were current. Do you have a favorite vinyl disc? I'm partial to the Allman Bros and Santana's Abraxis album. Can't forget the Beatles either.

It' s also National Middle Child Day. The oldest might be a leader, the youngest a "baby" in the family. But what of the middle child. Make sure this child doesn't get forgotten. Make it a special day.

For you foodies, it's also National Julienne French Fries day. That's all I have to say about that.

Comments

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

I've have a few, probably a few hundred including 45's and some 78's. Many classic rock. Beatles, Stones, Dylan, Clapton, CCR, Alice Cooper and more. Most all are original pressings from the early to mid sixties. Also, sold quite a few on eBay for a pretty penny. It's become an interesting hobby to say the least. I have to crank up the turntable a little later today.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Actually making a comeback. Only segment of the industry growing

• bobbybobby Posts: 150 ✭✭✭ Junior

I could probably open my own record shop with the amount of vinyl I own. Its a sickness. Everything from early folk, jazz, hip hop, blues, obscure psychedelia, to modern day indie rock. My neighbors father was an investor in a limited run of records for a UGA picture disc that was produced in the early 80's. Fortunately, I was able to get my hands on a copy. A bunch of Munson calls and Red Coat numbers. A cool keepsake for sure.

• ChopperChopper Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I relapsed back to vinyl 3 years ago and love it. People who come over get a kick out of picking through my stack and dropping the needle. It also keeps me from having to listen to crap music; if you’re at my house put your phone away. You can listen to whatever album of mine you like. Side note...a new diamond stylus on a good turntable and a new HD, 180 gram album sounds better anyway. The music isn’t compressed and it doesn’t fade with high volume.