Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

National CBD Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let me start with a disclaimer...I'm just relaying what is printed on the site I use to find National Days. I'm not advocating any position or making any suggestions.

On August 8, National CBD Day recognizes the natural hemp product everyone’s clamoring for! Learn about CBD and updated laws impacting its use.

Over the years, hemp-derived CBD (cannabidiol) has made quite a name for itself in the wellness world. Since a growing number of products – from tinctures to topicals – hit the marketplace, CBD continues to be shoppers’ favorite option for holistic alternatives. As an added bonus, CBD does not possess the psychoactive properties of THC.

Another advantage of CBD is that it is naturally sourced and extremely versatile. Try swallowing it, vaping it, rubbing it on your skin, or bathing in it. You can even give it to your pets!

CBD Through the Ages

The hemp plant has withstood the test of time and politics; herbalists have long used hemp to promote wellness, while farmers have grown it as a source of fiber to make cloth and rope. But in the 20th century, governments clamped down on all things cannabis and everything related to it.

Nowadays, political leaders recognize what scientists long knew: properly sourced CBD won’t get you high. Since 2018, the federal government has defined hemp, which has little or no THC in it (less than .03% to be exact), as a legal plant that is distinct from marijuana. Therefore, hemp-based products like CBD oil don’t fall under national anti-drug laws.

Comments