Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Huge Fan Proves it

bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My son (6 year old) broke his arm Saturday before the kickoff of UGA/Tennessee. The orthopedic surgeon said it was the worst he had seen. He is doing well.

The reason I post this is that not only was he so tough, he REFUSED to allow them to cut his Georgia shirt off.

Even After I told him I would buy him a new one and that it would hurt if they tried to remove the shirt... he toughed it out so he didn't mess up his Georgia shirt.

DGD already!

Comments

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gotta have priorities. Hope he gets better soon. Wasn't his throwing arm was it?

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@moos said:
    Gotta have priorities. Hope he gets better soon. Wasn't his throwing arm was it?

Thanks!
    Yep. Maybe this helps him to be a southpaw... lol

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:
    My son (6 year old) broke his arm Saturday before the kickoff of UGA/Tennessee. The orthopedic surgeon said it was the worst he had seen. He is doing well.

The reason I post this is that not only was he so tough, he REFUSED to allow them to cut his Georgia shirt off.

Even After I told him I would buy him a new one and that it would hurt if they tried to remove the shirt... he toughed it out so he didn't mess up his Georgia shirt.

DGD already!

Amazing. That's one tough kid.

@JeffSentell said:

@bmauldin said:

DGD already!

I'm going to send that kid a shirt. @bmauldin be sure to Inbox me man on this site and I will hook you up.

I really appreciate that... very kind.

• JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 8,553 admin

Love hearing about stories like that.

Nothing quite like the Georgia people. You guys never have a rebuilding year.

• ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man this is an incredible story. Hats off to your boy. Go Dawgs!

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good luck to you and your son. Been through it so know how it is.

• JGoodmanJGoodman Posts: 182 ✭✭✭ Junior

My son was 7 when he broke his first bone. Glad to hear he's doing well. Boys will be boys.

• AppFan82AppFan82 Posts: 44 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great young man!

@christopherules said:
    @bmauldin That is a really great story! I just now read it. However, I am not going to go out & try to see how tough mine are for the DAWGS. However, I will say that they are all ARE Georgia fans to the core. They all love the DAWGS!! This story you shared of your boy??? He IS TOUGH!!!! Mine kids are ALL GEORGIA DAWG FANS ALL THE WAY! That includes their San Diego native Mama!! Since the beginning of us (her & I) back 13 years ago?? She is now all Georgia Bulldogs through & through!

Awesome!
    Thank you.
    I have 3: 7yrs/4yrs/2yrs old. Looks like you have about the same lineup... +1.

• jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin Somehow I just read this for the first time. Very cool!

How’s your boy now?

My 1 year old baby girl (birthday last month) is already calling the dawgs!!

@jarred_buck said:
    @bmauldin Somehow I just read this for the first time. Very cool!

How’s your boy now?

My 1 year old baby girl (birthday last month) is already calling the dawgs!!

He’s doing great! Thanks for checking.

He loves playing golf and basketball so he is full tilt now.

“Raise your child in the way of the Lord...”
    Lol. All 3 call the dawgs. Since about the same age as yours.

• ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe we will be waiting for @bmauldin’s son to sign his LOI.

@christopherules, you are also blessed. You have a nice looking family.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@christopherules said:
    @bmauldin That is a really great story! I just now read it. However, I am not going to go out & try to see how tough mine are for the DAWGS. However, I will say that they are all ARE Georgia fans to the core. They all love the DAWGS!! This story you shared of your boy??? He IS TOUGH!!!! Mine kids are ALL GEORGIA DAWG FANS ALL THE WAY! That includes their San Diego native Mama!! Since the beginning of us (her & I) back 13 years ago?? She is now all Georgia Bulldogs through & through!

@christopherules, you need to get those children some Dawg Wear! :D

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BullyDawg said:

@christopherules said:

Amen sir! They’re growing like weeds, but that is on the agenda. GO DAWGS!

• BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@christopherules said:

@BullyDawg said:

@christopherules said:

Amen sir! They’re growing like weeds, but that is on the agenda. GO DAWGS!

Srsly ... beautiful Dawg family ...

• tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is great. I broke my arm at 6 and got a Georgia cast. I thought it was awesome. I wouldnt let anyone sign it either.