Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

2019 Gameday Recipes

mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What are some of your favorite things to make on Gameday? Have any family secret recipes for the best baked beans ever? Have a trick to making those sliders taste amazing?

I'll be looking to experiment with some new things this season. Would love some ideas of UGA fan favorites.

Comments

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm a fan of several "Pioneer Woman" recipes, especially these beans.

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

Grilled baked beans, yes I said grilled

place ingredients in aluminum pan

• 12 ounces applewood-smoked bacon (12 to 14 slices), diced
    • 2 cups finely diced yellow onions
    • 3 cups Basic Barbecue Sauce (see below)
    • 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
    • 1/2 cup maple syrup
    • 1/2 cup yellow mustard
    • 4 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed, 1 cup bean liquid reserved
    • 1 cup water
    • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
    • 1 pound of lean hamburger meat

cook the onions and some of the bacon. Put diced onions and bacon in the baked beans

mix all the other ingredients and line the top with strips of bacon

then throw it on the smoker for about an hour until it’s starting to bubble

also, if I have some pulled pork then sometimes I throw it in. The hamburger meat and pulled pork are optional

sweet baby rays is usually the bbq sauce I use for these

Baked buffalo chicken dip

• 1 chicken
    • 8 ounces cream cheese
    • 1/2 cup ranch dressing
    • 1/2 cup hot sauce 
    • 2 tablespoons garlic powder
    • green onion (topping)
    • cheese (cheddar and mozzarella) can also top with bleu cheese

i shred an entire rotisserie chicken, use hidden valley for ranch and use Franks for the hot sauce

line the bottom of the pan with a thin layer of cream cheese

mix the chicken, hot sauce, ranch, and some cheddar cheese and then spread it

top with cheddar and monzarella

serve with green onion and bleu cheese crumbles on the side if people want those as toppings

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

How long do we cook these things?

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here’s a tip that I’ve enjoyed recently: grilling burgers or chicken sandwiches? Decent quality brioche buns. Don’t have to be fresh baked: WF, Publix, lots of places have them now.

Quick toast on the grill and it really does make a burger/sandwich better IMO.

Cheese dip, until it melts in the crock pot

baked beans, you can put them in the oven on 350 for an hour or you can put them on the grill for the same amount of time. Until it is bubbling pretty good is what I always say, I know that’s a down south way of looking at things and not exactly scientific

baked buffalo dip, 350 for 30 minutes. The cheese on top should be good and melted

also, you can never go wrong with MORE cheese

Melt butter and add some garlic powder and a little steak seasoning and brush that on the bun before you toast it

Quick fix when you're in a bind for wings:

• Publix Hot & Spicy Wings (box of them in the deli section, about 20 pieces)
    • Toss in Franks Red Hot Buffalo sauce
    • Air Fry for 4-5 minutes to heat wings & bake on sauce
    • Serve

Easy and delicious. Way less effort than grilling/baking/frying wings myself (not that there's anything wrong with grilling them yourself.)

This Spicy Italian Crescent Ring is amazing. Easy to make. Can be cut into hand-held pieces. I've done this multiple times for my gameday parties. Always a favorite.

Another easy gameday favorite - BLT Sliders. Can be prepped ahead of time.

• Good Quality Bacon (thick cut, peppered)
    • Lettuce
    • Tomato
    • Mayo
    • Kings Hawaiian Rolls
  • DawgatronDawgatron Posts: 449 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PharmDawg2054

You been raiding my mom’s recipe book!?!? Mom Mom Dawgatron makes all the same things, almost exactly the same way...and they are all delicious.

• DawgatronDawgatron Posts: 449 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh I thought my mom invited you in...this is awkward...

Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers

• Mix some Zatarain's Creole Seasoning into some Cream Cheese
    • Cut Jalapenos lengthwise, discard seeds & clean out inside well
    • Spread cream cheese mixture into Jalapeño
    • Wrap with bacon, secure with toothpick
    • Grill - preferably cover closed to avoid flash-ups from the bacon grease.
    • Enjoy
  • MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mattmd2 Sounds great. Have you ever saved the seeds and sprinkled them back onto the cream cheese mixture. They're spicy and I love the burn.

I know. Wierd.

Gameday Southern Sausage Rolls

• Brown 1lb ground sausage (hot or mild)
    • Add 6-8 oz cream cheese into sausage while still warm and/or over low heat. Mix well to coat sausage in cheese. Set aside to chill
    • Roll out (do not break apart) Pilsbury crescent roll into long rectangle (recipe makes two of these rolls, so you'll need 2 crescent rolls.)
    • Starting on one side, add sausage mix along edge. Roll dough. Add another line of sausage, roll. Repeat until you have one big "log."
    • Cut "log" in 8-10 even pieces and place flat on greased baking sheet
    • Repeat for second crescent roll. Recipe makes 2 "logs" so 16-20 total pieces
    • Bake per instructions on the crescent roll package. Remove when golden brown.

NOM.