Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

2019 Gameday Recipes

Comments

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • DawgatronDawgatron Posts: 449 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh I thought my mom invited you in...this is awkward...

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers

• Mix some Zatarain's Creole Seasoning into some Cream Cheese
    • Cut Jalapenos lengthwise, discard seeds & clean out inside well
    • Spread cream cheese mixture into Jalapeño
    • Wrap with bacon, secure with toothpick
    • Grill - preferably cover closed to avoid flash-ups from the bacon grease.
    • Enjoy
  • MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mattmd2 Sounds great. Have you ever saved the seeds and sprinkled them back onto the cream cheese mixture. They're spicy and I love the burn.

I know. Wierd.

Gameday Southern Sausage Rolls

• Brown 1lb ground sausage (hot or mild)
    • Add 6-8 oz cream cheese into sausage while still warm and/or over low heat. Mix well to coat sausage in cheese. Set aside to chill
    • Roll out (do not break apart) Pilsbury crescent roll into long rectangle (recipe makes two of these rolls, so you'll need 2 crescent rolls.)
    • Starting on one side, add sausage mix along edge. Roll dough. Add another line of sausage, roll. Repeat until you have one big "log."
    • Cut "log" in 8-10 even pieces and place flat on greased baking sheet
    • Repeat for second crescent roll. Recipe makes 2 "logs" so 16-20 total pieces
    • Bake per instructions on the crescent roll package. Remove when golden brown.

NOM.

• BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mattmd2

These are always had at our house.

We take cream cheese and in shredded cheddar cheese, my wife will sometimes sprinkle a lil cayenne then ,pipe in the pepper half then ,top with beef smoked sausage then wrap in bacon! 2-2 1/2 hrs at 250 .

mmmmmmmm. Beef smoked sausage.

I'll have to try adding that next time.

Another quick tailgate offering (thanks @BiggerBadDawg for bringing this up)

Grilled Smoked Sausage

This is so easy it's not really even a recipe.

Just grill some smoked sausage - my favorite brand is Georgia Boy. Then cut into 1-2 inch sections and serve with mustard for dipping.

Sorry for hijacking my own thread, but every gameday I serve 20-30 tailgaters at my house. Most of what I've posted so far are easy - relatively few ingredients, can feed a crowd, and have been staples of my game days. I'm always looking for new ideas to keep it fresh.

Any other ideas - things you love to see when you're at a tailgate?

• JwhitefarmsJwhitefarms Posts: 14 ✭✭ Sophomore

Cut boneless chicken breast into strips and soak in honey teriyaki sauce for a day. Coat with Panko Japanese bread crumbs, wrap in bacon, and grill. Thank me later

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,127 mod

Man you guys are great and this is a great thread!! I'm hungry......😆

• BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not sure if you’ve ever done these but they are always a hit at our game day parties . Lollipop Chicken, it’s time consuming bc you have to “French” the legs but man you talk about good! I use the Myron Mixon Cupcake chicken glaze recipe for the candied look.

not my pic , just for reference

• Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My favorite game day recipe:

Grab a glass, add 2-3 ice cubes, pour in 4 oz. of Blanton's bourbon! 😎

• Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My second favorite game day recipe. I am a fajita snob; have never liked any that weren't made on the grill. That said, these are really good, and don't require any grill-tending while you're watching the game!

Ingredients

• 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
    • 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
    • 1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
    • 1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
    • 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
    • 2 tablespoons canola oil
    • 2 teaspoons chili powder
    • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt
    • 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
    • Optional toppings: sliced avocado, tomato wedges and lime wedges

Directions

• 1. In a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, combine the chicken, tomatoes, onion and peppers. Combine the oil, chili powder, cumin and salt. Drizzle over chicken mixture; toss to coat.
    • 2. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Spoon onto tortillas; fold or roll tortillas to serve. If desired, serve with optional toppings.

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Loving this thread