Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    JayJay Posts: 198 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, that wasn’t very nice, Justin. Good thing this video didn’t show up a few months ago. The college football-WWE crossover appeal might be too much for @DawgNationDaily to bear.

• Options
    SitnlowSitnlow Posts: 55 ✭✭✭ Junior

Was Conner on dawgnation daily and the Jeff sentel clip was done yesterday

• Options
    VarsityVarsity Posts: 173 ✭✭✭ Junior

He probably could have been ejected for a flagrant unnecessary roughness. It would be one thing to do that another big dude, but to do that to a guy who probably doesn't even want to play you is kinda low. Just sling the dude backwards 15 yards, not pick him up and drop him on his head... No doubt he's explosive though.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So I was thinking, IF Evans commits, how is he going to do it? The supposed announcement the other day that got ruined...did he have something set up or is he just going to drop it on Twitter? Or maybe he already has a video? Or is he going to have a real commitment press conference thing like Milton and announce the time and place last minute?

• Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

TE: Washington/Johnson

WR: Rosemy/Smith/Robinson/Wren/Gilbert

I know some have compared Robinson to Calvin Johnson, but I don't know why UGA won't let Gilbert come in and play WR or at least try to play WR. I don't care what his size is or what his 40 is. He is a play-maker. George Pickens is not a burner, but I don't hear anyone complaining about that. We could easily get Gilbert down to a 6'5" 225-230 lbs 4.6-4.7 40 guy in our SC program. If that could happen I don't know if the Robinson scholarship is worth it. I know many on here have labeled Gilbert as a red flag "Me first" guy and with recent high profile transfers are aware that staff is taking these factors into consideration, but I just can't understand why you'd turn a talent like Gilbert away especially as a DSGB.

I'd process Wren & Robinson if I could take Gilbert & Smith as WRs.

• Options
    IwantburchIwantburch Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Per @SoFL_Dawg on TOS we have let him know he can come and play Wr. He also said we will not be taking 4 WRs. So one of Robinson/Rosemy/Smith/ Wren will not be in this class if he wants in. I highly doubt Rosemy will be processed.

• Options
    edited August 2019

I floated the idea of Jrob not ending up in the class and was shouted down. I trust the coaches at this point but I'd sure like to have Arian Smith's upside.

Wren has something not many guys have, but outside of the apocryphal claim that he's the next Megatron from I'm not sure who, I don't see where Robinson is bringing something different from the other guys in the mix.

Then again, JRob could be awesome. It appears that he is the most low profile skill position target the Dawgs have taken in awhile as I haven't heard anything about him in at least 6 months it feels like.

• Options
    JayJay Posts: 198 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Then again, JRob could be awesome. It appears that he is the most low profile skill position target the Dawgs have taken in awhile as I haven't heard anything about him in at least 6 months it feels like."

He was already committed and doesn't do camps or competitions. So I don't think anybody has any real idea what his capabilities are (except arguably the coaches who evaluated him). He is #1 on my list for wanting to see how he performs in the early 2019 season.

• Options

I agree. It's just odd to me that @JeffSentell or someone hasn't given us a "here's how longtime committment JRob is doing" blurb. We still got occasional updates on Blaylock last year.

• Options
    ChicagoDawgChicagoDawg Posts: 438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

Just a guess, but perhaps we will start seeing some JRob updates once the season gets going. Blaylock was involved in several Big time 7 on 7 competitions, etc. which would give Jeff more to write about and probably make him easier to interview than JRob was this summer. Trust the Coaches.

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019
  • Options
    Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

If we get Washington & Johnson at TE and Gilbert at WR then I’m perfectly fine without Arian Smith. Heck. If Theo doesn’t choose us I can see us taking “one” TE with Washington plus a “WR” in Gilbert as well as Smith.

This discussion has been closed.