Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

IF Gilbert wanted in and we had to process 1 of Smith/Wren/J Rob I would choose J Rob, only because Gilbert is a similar type player, who is more polished ATM. I wouldn’t want to give up the unique abilities of Wren or Smith. Their speed is something nobody on this team has ATM.

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    Filo_BettoFilo_Betto Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wren may be raw but there's a lot he can do to contribute besides running a polished route tree.  With that speed and elusiveness (going off of his film as an RB) that guy will hurt people in space.  Think about James Cook with an extra gear. 

• Options
    HornedDawgsHornedDawgs Posts: 610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Everyone is so quick to get rid of JRob but I think that’s crazy. We talk about Kindley and Stokes both being 3 stars and how much they contribute now but JRob can’t be the same thing? I see Mike Williams of CU with him. Both tall and can jump and both 3 stars. I believe he can be the best WR out of the bunch with coaching and S&C

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Justin Robinson will be a 4star by the end of his senior season

• Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

I don’t think anyone is asking for staff to get rid of J Rob so we can get someone else. Just splitting hairs on a tight class. I for one trust the staffs evaluations, but from purely a talent standpoint I’d be interested to see who staff would take straight up if they had to play a game right now. JRob or Gilbert. It’s impossible to know who they should pick. This is just leisurely speculation to bide the time as the off season slowly comes to an end.

• Options
    914Dawg914Dawg Posts: 315 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, this is not like other programs taking 3 Stars b/c they have to but explaining on signing day that they got everyone they wanted. Kirby has been apparently turning away blue chips to make room for a few that he believes have the greater upside.

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Needing two years is okay especially now. Remember Mecole was explosive but he hadn't ever even reached his potential at UGA. Give the kid two years and you never know what could happen. Look at Landers now!

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JRob COULD be a great player but just because Stokes and player X were 3 stars doesn't mean that every 3 star will be great. He was also offered a looooong time ago. To me it's kinda telling that the people who'd best know(and are reading this thread) are chiming in to tell us about Wren but still no mention of the #1 target. JS.🤷‍♀️

I get the "trust the staff" vibe and I'm sure most do but this thread/board wouldn't be a lot of fun if we all went back and forth in complete agreement and admiration for every player.

• Options
    LinebackerTwoLinebackerTwo Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ Junior

Looking at JRob -

• Per 247, 4/5* recruits = 345 (including 59 WR)
    • JRob = 381 overall (65th WR)

He only needs to jump 5-6 WR and 35-36 recruits to get that 4th star. He's also been as high as 315 overall.

Not that Kirby and staff value ratings over their own evaluations, but they are great for guys like me.

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That’s for the best if we get Washington/Theo. Even if we don’t get smith I’m fine with the 3 WR in class.

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I will suggest that a good senior season is important for JRob since he really hasn't played much the past couple of years because of injury.

If I remember correctly he was offered based on camp performance.

Those coaches know what they are looking for - but I imagine they would like to see how he does in an actual football game.

I would suspect that his current ranking will change drastically - good or bad - depending on how well he performs this season.

This discussion has been closed.