Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

National Red Wine Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Being of Italian (partly) heritage, I grew up and formed an appreciation of red wine. Imagine our surprise when scientists informed us it was actually good for us! We still fondly remember our grandpa spiking his morning coffee with a splash of red wine. This was long with his breakfast of raw eggs, a la Rocky.

At any rate, if you are of a mind, enjoy a healthy glass of red wine today.

Comments

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don, that is an interesting start to the day for somebody of that age, or any age for that matter. How did gramps hold up compared to the rest of his genetic stock?

• Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Nothing like a good Pinot Noir or Cab. Sauv. Cheers to a great season for the Dawgs!

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He died in his mid 70's of stomach cancer. Those eggs will get you if you don't watch it. I remember the spats he and my grandmom would get into when she hid his wine bottle. He took to hiding one from her outside so he could continue his morning routine. Hilarious. They would start yelling at each other in Italian, thinking we kids didn't know the words they were using. We fooled 'em.

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As a wine collector, this is a day I can wrap my arms around!

• allywallyw Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is one day I will happily celebrate...

• GradyDawg85GradyDawg85 Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm - the perfect reason to provide the Mrs. as to why I'm opening a weekend bottle on Wednesday! Thx Dawg!

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Must admit, for me Everyday is National Red Wine Day.

Will just have to celebrate this one with an xtra special bottle.

• JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 8,553 admin
    edited August 2019

'Tis a very good day to jump in here.

Been trying to acquire a lot of wine "Intel" over the last year or so. The family trip to Italy was a boon for this sort of thing.

Try a Brunello Di Montalcino out folks. Thank me every day you can drink this at your happy hour.

Probably a novice at this sort of thing. Kind of like saying that Jake Fromm has a good football IQ and that the Bulldogs seem to be placing an emphais on OL recruiting.

But if I can help just one person, man. ....

• how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I spent a couple of weeks in Italy last year, and my appreciation for and consumption of red wine has expanded greatly since that trip. Thanks for giving me a great excuse to open a nice bottle of Amarone I've been saving.