Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Who lives in central or N Fla and gettin ready to bug out?

JamesTwitJamesTwit Posts: 422 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
edited August 2019 in Off Topic

That TS Dorian was supposed to hit AS a TS. Now it's supposed to hit as a cat 3 Sunday evening and cut right across the peninsula...as of now "Thoughts and prayers" for y'all. Anyone here packing up yet?

Comments

• tcdawg94tcdawg94 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

we're considering it...don't know what to do. Booking hotels all over for different scenarios.

• Dawgsince76Dawgsince76 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hunkered down here.

• SubmarineDawgSubmarineDawg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited August 2019

I live in the Tampa area. Heading to Nashville in the morning but of course my wife will be here alone and raising hell with me for being gone. Same thing happened with the 2017 South Bend trip and Hurricane Irma. I also have tickets to this years ND game so look for another hurricane to hit Florida around 9/20.

• ACPEPPER24ACPEPPER24 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm in Ponte Vedra and we are watching to see what path the storm chooses. If it turns our way we will visit family in Valdosta. All back roads with less traffic.

Good luck and prayers to everyone.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

Stay safe everyone. Does not look good, we are watching it close on the Ms. Gulf Coast.

• how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

God's speed and good luck to all of you. I've only ridden one hurricane out and it still gives me nightmares.

• dragonslayerdragonslayer Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm in Ocala. We're going to ride it out. Hoping and expecting it to lose strength by the time it gets here.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fernandina Beach - will be staying put. In the last 3 years we have had 2 mandatory evacuations and stayed both times. House is supposedly built to withstand 150mph winds so little to worry about.

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm at my Apalach home and probably hosting friends from the Melbourne area. Stayed for Michael last year and will do so for most any others that come this way. As most who stay know, the hardest part is usually the week or more after the storm with no power, water, cell service, etc.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

19 miles south of Gainesville, FL. Sticking it out and watching the Dawgs on Saturday night and a replay on Sunday. I hear we are getting some rain which is good for my lawn.

My cross country team is scheduled to run Monday morning - that might be a bit iffy but they love running in rain and mud. so there's that....

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod
    edited August 2019

Yeah I rode out Katrina, never ever again. It gets to cat 2 I am out. Not a hurricane tough guy after that

• LadyDawg46LadyDawg46 Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

Staying put! Just hope the winds are not early and spoil watching the game! Waiting for the season to start just takes too long!

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This thing is getting big. Y'all pray this thing back into the Altantic for a complete whiff on the US. It's doing a pretty good job of ruining everybody in the state of Florida's Labor Day, and I'm too busy to even think about Vandy.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have a Chromecast so if the weather knocks out the Diectv dish I will pull it up on the computer and cast to the TV. As long as we have power all is good.

I was hoping Kirby could lend the GWOG to the state of Florida on Sunday....put those guys out on the beach to intimidate Dorian and make it turn!

• UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I just want to say, stay safe everyone.

• ACPEPPER24ACPEPPER24 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior

Ponte Vedra Beach - We plan on riding it our unless something changes. If it goes bad we have family in Valdosta.

edited August 2019

I think we have some great news coming this AM! Appreciate the prayers. The 2AM model updates are moving it out to sea. It should be updated in the NHC forecast later, and then the news stations will pick it up. The spahgetti models are the key to getting the early read on the latest guess. (I didn't stay at a HI last night, but I'm a well informed fan of the weatherman). The picture on the link reflects a significant shift to the east, even from yesterday. Hopefully, it will keep moving east and miss the Carolinas.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/storminfo/05L_tracks_latest.png

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod