Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

All-time Best/Funniest Fantasy Team Names

TurkDawgTurkDawg Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@HornedDawgs discussion about help naming his Fantasy Football team prompted me to ask for your all-time best sports fantasy league team names. Here are a few to get started.

I was in an SEC Basketball Fantasy League for many years with @Chip_Towers who will remember some of these:

Bogan's Heroes - I had Keith Bogans from Kentucky as my #1 pick, so a play on the old TV show.

Boggan's Heroes - the next year, I had Mario Boggans, a nobody late round pick, but couldn't resist the name...

The Junction - somebody had Darryl Joe from LSU, prompting the funny Green Acres reference "and that's Darryl Joe, he's a-movin' kinda slow at The Junction"

English Majors - named for Alex English of the Gamecocks

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

Like Ive said...I go most offensive or in incendiary to one of my fellow competitors...

im afraid to post them here bc I know someone is going to get way too upset about them

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Placcidental Shooting from when Plaxico Burress shot himself in the leg

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Teenage mutant ninja Bortles

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Rollin' with Ma'homes

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not sure how politically correct it would be but I like the name a University Of Northern Colorado intramural basketball team came up with...The Fighting Whites..

• Elsammo46Elsammo46 Posts: 22 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’ve had a few good ones over the years, last year I was the “San Francisco 4th and 9ers” and I’m “Pack lives matter” now. There’s a couple of others, buuuuuuut I probably shouldn’t post them here 😂

• razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Too funny...I also did a Hogan’s Heroes-themed name a few years ago: Favorite Patriot growing up was Steve Grogan so I had a team called Grogan’s Heroes.

NFLPA would never allow it today but Grogan voluntarily signed an indemnity waiver with the team so he could keep playing when the team doctor told him he had to retire because of safety concerns over multiple neck injuries (one of the last QBs I remember wearing a neck roll)

• razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • TurkDawgTurkDawg Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

While living in Columbia SC, I was in a league with a group of Clemson area guys, so my team was “Columbian Picked”

• SilkyJSilkyJ Posts: 32 ✭✭✭ Junior

In my league everyone gets to change the team name of the loser from the previous year the week they play them so last year I played the loser the week after he lost Hunt and he also had Gurley so I changed his name to "Gurley without a K.hunt"