Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Bad Timing? National Sober Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Unfortunate that National Sober Day falls on a Saturday game day. Nevertheless, National Sober Day encourages us to celebrate Sober life and bring awareness to addiction. The entire day focuses on showing support for anyone living in sobriety. Not only that, but the observance sets a standard for the whole world that being sober is okay. Show your friends and family on the road to recovery by spending the day sober as well.

If this feels like not such a good idea, fear not I have an alternative that might be more palatable. It's also National Crème Filled Doughnut Day. An almost endless variety of crème fillings are available - surely at least one that will go with your potables of choice.

Enjoy game day!!!

Comments

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Speaking from experience, creme filled donuts are the sort of thing that help tremendously when you're in the process of giving up alcohol.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With a noon kickoff we should have enough time to sober up before the day is over.

You could try what the Charlie character did in Two And A Half Men, he used beer and wine as substitutes for alcohol.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Isn't alcohol a type of sugar? If so, it's a wash . A person could do either - or both/

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I just went through a long sober stretch. 2 a.m. to about 10 minutes ago. Also, I f-ing love creme filled doughnuts! I love the custard filled ones the best. Thanks for looking out @donm !