Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Chaney

2»

Comments

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There are MDs who manage weight, especially in the Bariatric space. Typically the nutritionist is an RN and contracts with the doctor to handle the daily weight management and lifestyle modification.

Primary care do not focus exclusively on weight management unless their offices have a branch focusing on wellness; those that have wellness centers also focus on weight management.

• PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You're right about that, and let me add something to support that ... If someone goes to see a bariatric surgeon, they don't get to just show up and schedule a gastric bypass. You have to go through about a 12 week program of dieting and lifestyle management, and if you succeed you get to have surgery assuming you still need it. You have to show that you're on board with the program bc it matters long term.

You how many ppl I've referred to bariatrics who refused to do that 2 to 3 month program? I don't know, but a lot...A LOT.

I ask them, "Are you just going to give up on this? That's it? Do you want to see your grandkids grow up or not?"

I've had ppl get up and walk out bc of that, and I don't really care if they do. They can find someone else to feel sorry for them bc I won't.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Very true statement. From patient testimonials “shame” is a big reason why though.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Chaney had a plan and had his offense coached up. That’s not going to be good enough when the talent disparity is as wide as it was yesterday. Im not sure there was an adjustment to be made. .

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm on a long list of Georgia fans that had issues with Jim Chaney. However, for the first 16 minutes of that game Chaney made his true freshman QB look like a Heisman candidate.

• dawg723dawg723 Posts: 407 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well said. We have to get used to getting everyone’s best shot these days. We are transitioning to a team that is confident and comfortable being the giant instead of the team trying to take down the giant. This is exactly what we need to finish off teams like bama.

We also have many of our fans that struggle to make this transition, myself included at times. We are not perfect but I think we have a veteran feel to this team in regards to leadership similar to 2017 but now with big game experience too. Not a bad combo.