Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Who should the Falcons hire as their next HC?

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019

I think whoever is hired ( assuming Quinn is let go) needs to make perfect sense to maximize Matt Ryan's abilities. Forget Julio, Ryan is hands down the key to this offense. I'd love to see a John Elway like finish to his career. With that in mind I wonder if a 34 year old pocket QB would fit what Riley does ? Matt is very quick and accurate which would be right for some of what Riley does, but he was never very mobile.

• dawgitimafandawgitimafan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So haven't read all the post on here... I think for myself I need to take a step back and look at the big picture when it comes to the falcons, that is this, Quinn took the falcons to the Superbowl just a few years ago, beat the Rams in the playoffs the next year, defense was ravaged by injuries last year, and this year one whole side of the oline is gone. Are these really 'head coach sücks' issues? Consider how long the Dallas cowboys coach has been there, he's won like 1 playoff game, maybe two. How the actual hell are we as falcons fans not a patient as Dallas? Quinn's players play hard for him and he's not bad at in-game management. I'm not sure there is anyone available who's better. I had high expectations for the birds this year and this hurts, just not sure it's Quinn's fault.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Day spent time in the NFL before going to Ohio St. There was talk he was going to become the Tennessee Titans OC before the shakeup in Columbus put him in the top position there. Consensus opinion is that he will likely return to the NFL, but now he commands an HC offer. Rumor is that he is already garnering some interest.

• OneslickdawgOneslickdawg Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Ryan Day and draft Justin Fields.

• pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who is Justin Fields? Never heard of him. 😂 But welcome anyway

• PeachCoDawgPeachCoDawg Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Quinn took the Falcons to the SB? I don't think so. That credit should go to Kyle Shanahan. Bet that!

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cortez Hankton.

• Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

James Coley Immediately during the bye week.

• dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Justin Fields.....oh wait

Justin Fieldd....oh wait

• BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Who’s out there that wants to put them self in that mess called a football ball team?

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Pretty soon there gonna call the stadium home of Atlanta United and they just let the Falcons play there. They’ll be closing off the top deck when Falcons play and opening it for soccer. I don’t know how many trophies the Falcons have but Atlanta United has three this year. Imagine that! Oh and by the way they play tonight. As far as coach’s at this point who wants it.

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It has been shown over and over that it you get the right candidate in place you can turn things around quickly in the NFL. The difficulty is in then sustaining it (see Falcons, Atlanta). The Falcons have some good pieces in place. I think they made a mistake by not unloading more high priced veterans before the trade deadline, though.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, I hear ya. I read about them and the Lions almost getting together on Freeman. I just think they're going to end up cutting some guys in the off-season and getting nothing for them. Even some mid-round picks would have been better than that. I thought the 2nd from the Pats for Sanu was great, although since it's the Pats that 2nd will effectively be essentially an early 3rd. Right now they're going to have almost no flexibility this off-season with their current commitments.

• JKFlyfishJKFlyfish Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We can't get Riley.

But what about Ryan Day? He's the perfect name. Don't throw that Chiefs OC (who doesn't even call the plays in Andy Reid's offense) name out there. I think if we are serious about getting better we go for a Ryan Day type name. If not, get ready for another re-tread type coach that won't move the dial.