Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    Dakota_NesterDakota_Nester Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What are the odds LSU’s OC doesn’t jump back to the pros? If the offense stays this high powered, that coach isn’t staying all of AG’s 3-4 years

• Options
    darklangodarklango Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If our passing game was more dynamic...… maybe?

If Gilbert does flip, I would expect Bama

• Options
    BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Both of Terrence Edwards guys go to LSU.

• Options

What happened to the Pro Style Offense being a recruiting advantage for developing players for the pros vs these spread offenses that put up numbers but don’t translate to the pro game.

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He coaches alot of guys, Justin Robinson (UGA commit) being 1. Has also had some guys going to Notre Dame as well in next years class. It happens

• Options
    PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What happened? Invitational camps...

Kids are coming out of HS ready to play at a high level and are capable of more.

Also the current offenses killing it are hybrid.

• Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA running 2010 Bama in 2019

• Options

I had hoped, and still hope, that Coley would update or make similar adjustments to open up the offense, particularly since Jimbo wanted him as his OC. The Brady hire has paid off big time and fast for LSU.

• Options

Its Kirby’s offensive philosophy with Coley’s name on it.

• Options
    VirginiaDawgVirginiaDawg Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just looked at UGA’s SEC opposition through 2025. Only way we see him is in the SECCG. Hope to see him in The A all three years he’s there!

• Options
    MackDawgMackDawg Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The playoffs will be extended to 6-8 teams before 2025 just because of public sentiment(in my opinion). We might see him there if LSU doesn't fall apart

• Options
    AugDawg69AugDawg69 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How was my comment about Brinson off topic? Lol this is about the 2020 class right ?

• Options
    razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019

Yeah - been an inordinate frequency of “off topic” votes on this board as of late that didn’t really seem to be so. Perhaps someone lost their cheaters and is refreshing this thread multiple times a day on an iPhone 5 looking for Gilbert updates?

(fully expecting multiple off topic votes on this post as a sign of acrimony 😂)

Just in case - any movement on a RB flip (Ie - Chaney)?

• Options

I blame mobile phone fat thumbs.

For instance, I posted a beautiful poem for Michael Henderson and a coupla fat thumbs disliked it. My reality was shaken until I realized no one could possibly dislike it, it has to be fat thumbs.

So yeah. fat thumbs.

• Options
    Mia_Dade06Mia_Dade06 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019

LOL @ Arik , disregard the Insta story pic, couldn’t delete

LSU got the big bags this year 👀

• Options

🙄 Arik's trying to shake it off as best he can here with that response, but it's well known that between the two of them it's just bad chemistry. Too much smoke for that not to be the case.

• Options

I think they both know 12 personnel with their skill sets was never gonna work,

2 guys in the 4.6-4.8 40-yard dash.

basically WRs

trying to run-block 65% of the time.

OR

They could separate and dominate at their respective schools as THE guy in 12/11/13/21 or whatever set you wanna throw out there.

getting 2 of the best TE prospects to maybe ever come out of HS was always a bit of a stretch in my mind.

Don’t think either guy dislikes the other, they just aren’t **** and know there’s only 1 football, and that they play the same position, that CAN have 2 guys like them on the field at the same time, but it’s becoming rarer and rarer. They knew that for their collective success they had to divide to conquer. I don’t think there is any bad blood or anything any coaching staff could have done to get the 2 to play together.

They made these decisions at the Opening IMO (to not play with each other). I’ll eat crow if DW goes to LSU, but I feel like he’s been committed to UGA’s staff since at least early August. I’m sure I don’t have the facts exactly correct, but seems like AG has known for a while that he wanted to go to LSU. The offensive change that he saw during the season only solidified that decision. Hence why he was always talking about waiting to see what certain schools did during the season. UGA’s lack of creativity, flash, and the fact they DW was already committed was their ultimate downfall.

This discussion has been closed.