Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Hawks Ongoing Season Comments Thread

2»

Comments

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • TMazz2009TMazz2009 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wait....WC is really old. Time is very valuable at this juncture. When does he get out on parole?

Count me in the crowd that was pretty angry about the trade last season. Then I started warming up to it as the season went on. Now I am borderline a fan of it. I just seem to expect the worst when dealing with professional sports teams in Georgia. Almost immuned to the disappointments at this point.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

Trae Young is something to behold. The pass he made in the first quarter was phenomenal, but the way he dribbled Aldridge into submission late in the game was crazy.

This team is really fun to watch. Deandre Hunter is doing way more on offense than I expected, Reddish was 3-3 from deep, and Jabari continues to just bully people off the bench.

Does Parsons give you anything when he comes back from injury? I can imagine him as a complementary bench shooter, but he’s just been so **** injury-prone over the last few years that you never know. If we’re hanging around the playoff picture when Collins comes back, I think we're capable of making a run.

• BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Looks like it gonna be another regular old Hawks team and a regular old Hawks season.

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If a regular season to you is a low playoff seed, that would still be a major accomplishment.

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

Have to use context with this Hawks team. If you just look at the surface, you'll see something that looks meh to even bad, but compared to what was going on early last year to what happened from some point in December on, and how a good number of games look it's really not so bad.

Like my dad doesn't watch right now and told me "so the Hawks are 2-0" and I was like...yeah, I was keeping quiet right now, paused to do something, then turned around and said "yeah, I don't know where their end point is, but if a certain little guy keeps it up they're going to start selling out the place at home".

Edit: So I guess I need to just keep my mouth shut as I'm a personal jinxer it looks like.