Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

The Hoop Dawgs

SavageSavage Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Hoop Dawgs tip off tonight & man what a team Tom Crean has built. Super excited to see what these kids can do. Georgia Athletics is no longer something to fill the gaps between football games, they're truly something to watch now. With what Kirby has done with football it has apparently spilled out into the other programs. The Diamond Dawgs are on the rise & really fun to watch, even Matthew Bolling on the track team. Who other than Anthony Edwards are you excited to see tonight & why?

It's a great time to be a Dawg.

Glory glory to old Georgia! 

Comments

• lmiked7lmiked7 Posts: 144 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Anyone know if the game will be on TV? Really looking forward to seeing this team play.

• manichmanich Posts: 33 ✭✭ Sophomore

I looked on the online ESPN site. They list the UGA game broadcast(SECN+) on their ESPN+ games coming up, so it might require the $4.95/mo. subscription. It is worth it for these early games vs small schools. Once the meat of the season gets underway, I imagine most, if not all, UGA games will be on the networks ESPNs, CBS, etc.

• TuckyDawgTuckyDawg Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With 10 new players on the team, I think it is gonna take a while for this team to gel. Think Crean will trying a lot of different combinations in these early games, to figure out what his best lineup is.

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

I'm pretty sure SECN+ is regular watch ESPN, just all dressed up.

That said I might not be able to watch it even though it should be free for me. I've had trouble getting watch ESPN to work for me in recent years. It'll say I don't have an AT&T (or DirecTV) account. I actually did get it to work for college baseball though, so maybe I can for basketball.

If you can't get streaming to work, you probably won't be able to watch them play until Georgia Tech, which will mildly stink this go around.

Although Georgia Tech also has the SECN+, so that might not be a go either. If its not, then its a no go until Dayton (ESPN2).

Edit: Arizona State is Pac 12 only...so a lot of us will have no way to see that period unless we find a stream.

• SavageSavage Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good point. I watched a couple of Antman's all star games earlier this year & he seems like an unselfish player. It'll be interesting early on to see how these new players stack up individually against the competition. Only time will tell overall but I think Crean's the guy to get it done.

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Final 91 - 72 Dawgs on Top!!!

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well I gave it a shot but I couldn't watch. Ended up watching the Trae Young Show instead which was a good consolation prize.

I heard that there was a lot of fouls called and that it was a struggle in the first half before pulling away. Not too surprised that Edwards and Sahvir Wheeler were the ones that stood out the most...Wheeler could be really fun.

• volatilisvolatilis Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Close game until about 5 minutes left. Something like 22 lead changes. Dawgs gotta work on their free throws!! Edwards was fun to watch play. Wheeler will be another exciting freshman. Go Dawgs!!

Like the guys said, probably good to have a close game like that out the gate. Keeps them humble & gives them plenty to work on.

Should be an exciting year, tons of talent.

Go Dawgs!

• BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Can’t wait to get my first look at the Dawgs tonight. Hope they don’t disappoint.

They're not short on talent...raw talent. I'm looking for a little improvement on the boards tonight.

I forget, who they got tonight. Creighton?

I knew it started with a C.

This'll be a nice distraction from worrying about Saturday...

Good crowd at the Steg tonight & looks like the boys have calmed down a bit from the first game.

Love little Spud Wheeler

Never thought I'd say this but they need to run more up the middle

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well UK didn’t stay #1 for long

Dawgs look better & get the W.

And #1 Kentucky goes down to Evansville!!