Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Our first play vs. Florida....

cusedawgcusedawg Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

I really hope that CJC calls for Fromm to throw a quick slant to Mecole as our first play!

Comments

• ChrisLoftisChrisLoftis Posts: 15 ✭✭ Sophomore

I think the ole flee flicker would be just fine!!

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Flea flicker might be a little too predictable being as we have already done that once on the first offensive play of a game. Don’t mean to discredit the original thought process of the intention of this thread (I’ll give me first play prediction at the end of this post), but here’s something to discuss: Will we come out aggressive on offense or somewhat conservative early in the game? I can definitely see an argument for either. Aggressive: Smash them in the mouth early, but you also risk a big turnover that puts you in a hole early and I don’t think we want to give Florida any “hope” of truly believing they can win this game. Conservative: Keep the possibility of an early momentum swing from happening and just beat them down consistently until we pull away late.

First play, same alignment as our flea flicker TD, play action, deep down the field to Godwin or Wims! I don’t think there’s much doubt that Florida will be stacking the box.

• Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2017

I want UGA's first play to be Mecole with a PR/KR to the HOUSE!

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

From your lips to gods ears

• mclartywmclartyw Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think we run it 8 straight times for the 75 yards and a td. A bit of a "it's going to go a bit differently this year" type of message.

• TARDAWGTARDAWG Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

Play action and then hit one of our tight ends for a 15-20 yard pick up. They will be stacking the box so do it again on second down, now they are like “ Oh Sh*t"

• dawgdude65dawgdude65 Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

Chubb takes it up the middle 75 yards running over everybody thats not in red.

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2017

Simple Draw Play to Chubb or Michel with a pickup of 5 or 6. Repeat for first down. Continue with a few "slant" passes sprinkled in, combining for a 6 to7 min drive and a touchdown. Next possession, Repeat the Process controlling the clock and wearing the Gators Defense down.
    Final Score Dawgs 35 Gators 0.
    No need to showboat, just enforce Dominant, Methodical, Power Football.

• FunroeFunroe Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ Junior

Fake a handoff to chubb and a fake handoff to mecole on a jet sweep and look for terry streaking down the field.

• DawgVaderDawgVader Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

@amjadawgs said:
    Flea flicker might be a little too predictable being as we have already done that once on the first offensive play of a game. Don’t mean to discredit the original thought process of the intention of this thread (I’ll give me first play prediction at the end of this post), but here’s something to discuss: Will we come out aggressive on offense or somewhat conservative early in the game? I can definitely see an argument for either. Aggressive: Smash them in the mouth early, but you also risk a big turnover that puts you in a hole early and I don’t think we want to give Florida any “hope” of truly believing they can win this game. Conservative: Keep the possibility of an early momentum swing from happening and just beat them down consistently until we pull away late.

First play, same alignment as our flea flicker TD, play action, deep down the field to Godwin or Wims! I don’t think there’s much doubt that Florida will be stacking the box.

How 'bout we just have the Big Boys do their job, and let our horses ram it down their throats and make that statement? :o

Then let Fromm add to their misery as he sees fit... B)

Dawgs 55 Reptiles 13

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mclartyw said:
    I think we run it 8 straight times for the 75 yards and a td. A bit of a "it's going to go a bit differently this year" type of message.

And I think you're probably correct. Kirby wants to show that he can dominate the LOS by running the ball and controlling the clock. If the running game is working, we will hardly have to throw. If they get the ball first, I want to see a 3 and out with negative or no yardage.

• RJDawg5274RJDawg5274 Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

I'm thinking a play action to Wims/Godwin either right on the sideline with a back shoulder throw or down the middle on a post or seam route UF will be stacking the box.............. then we would probably run it 2-3 times in a row depending on the success followed up with a early TD throw to Chuck W over the middle for a TD. Opening up the run for the rest of the game in route to a 38-10 victory see y'all in Jacksonville boys

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Talent wise this is a mismatch. The only way we lose is if Franks has a Lambert v SCAR type day (don't see it at all), they score on special teams or we turn the ball over. We need to weather the storm for the first 2 series and then exert our dominance. Don't give them momentum by turning the ball over early. RUN, RUN, RUN.

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Coach Richt @ Miami: "We're not the type of team that can 'impose our will' on other teams." Coach Smart: "We are up at half time guys, but did you break their will? Now, let's go out there and make them never want to play us again."
    I prefer the new guy.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgVader said:

@amjadawgs said:

How 'bout we just have the Big Boys do their job, and let our horses ram it down their throats and make that statement? :o

Then let Fromm add to their misery as he sees fit... B)

Dawgs 55 Reptiles 13

“That’s what she said.”
    -Michael Scott

• dawfanfromalabamdawfanfromalabam Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Need to hit the edge (off tackle and out - their secondary and backers are not good tacklers). Florida's interior guys aren't bad, last thing we need is a couple of runs up the middle and a missed pass on 3rd down and a 3-and-out. Don't need to give them anything to feel good about. As the games wears on and their lack of depth shows the middle runs will open up, we should gash them in the second half.

If UGA can run up the gut early it's going to be a LONG day for the Gators.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BEACHDAWG said:
    Coach Richt @ Miami: "We're not the type of team that can 'impose our will' on other teams." Coach Smart: "We are up at half time guys, but did you break their will? Now, let's go out there and make them never want to play us again."
    I prefer the new guy.

Are these actual quotes or what you imagine they would say?