Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Early Signing Day: Projected Georgia football recruiting 2020 signees, commitments, live updates

2»

Comments

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2019

Rumors are that Washington signed his LOI. Don't know who he signed with though.

• Options
    GoDawgs123456GoDawgs123456 Posts: 19 ✭ Freshman

These are the thoughts that I bet I'm not alone in thinking:

1. Burch to SC? I understand the home thing, but would expect/understand Clemson. I hope he enjoys getting a new coach in a year.
    2. Reed to Auburn??
    3. Luke bringing in the 524th ranked player in the country? 41 other recruits higher at that position? I hope this is not what we can expect from him, he's diluting our average player rating. 2 three stars...
    4. I like all the national players, but is this the worst job recruiting the state of Georgia that the team has ever done? I don't recall recruiting this state so poorly.
    5. How do we not get a 2nd RB - this is UGA?
    6. When did Milton lose his 5th star?
    7. I hope Fromm stays until we can bring in Caleb Williams. This class doesn't matter a whole lot if all we have is Beck.
    8. If they close with four five stars, it's still a strong class. Better pull out all the stops for Jones ... the Luke recruiting is scaring me.
  • Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Ringo and Washington are Dawgs and with their announcements will Georgia take over the Number One Ranking from Clemson?

• Options
    JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Reading so much about not recruiting the state, I did some homework on the 247Sports.com rankings. Georgia recruits nationally, and sometimes their positions of need are not qualitatively available in Georgia. Other times, kids simply want to go elsewhere due to family, friends, any number of reasons. I pulled together a list of 37 players that I recall Georgia recruiting/having interest in. Of them, 30 were nationally ranked #175 or above. Georgia's Top 20 recruits went down to #173.

Ath/TE-recruited #2 (Gilbert), 10, 84. #10 (Washington) still shows UGA Lean. Next highest ranked GA TE was #438.

C--recruited #111 (Van Pran) who is verbally committed. Highest ranked GA C was #469.

CB--recruited #8 (Ringo, still a lean), 76, 127 (signed Kimber.) Highest ranked GA CB was #320.

DT--recruited #1, signed #53, 254, 257. Highest ranked GA DT was signed Stackhouse.

ILB--Logjam, only recruited #23 (Sewell.) GA ILBs #95 and 173.

OG--Again a logjam, only recruited #88 (Raym.) Highest in GA was #100.

OLB--Signed #18 (Sherman.) Highest in GA was #42.

OT--#19 (Thomas--committed), signed #36, 168, 892. Missed on #68. #19, 36, 68 were highest ranked Georgians.

QB--Missed on #13 and 83; signed #204. Highest Georgian was #124 (Bailey.)

RB--Recruited #14, 27 (Bigsby) and signed #37. Bigsby highest ranked Georgian.

S--Signed #155, missed on #175. From GA, #58 chose Alabama.

SDE--Missed on #3, 5, 125. #3 and 125 both Georgians.

WDE--Missed on #130 (Ojalari to LSU.) Georgian #78 chose Alabama.

WR--Signed #41, 72, 291 and 52 is committed. Highest Georgian was ranked #93.

In all, UGA recruited 8 of Georgia's Top 20, signing the two of the three OTs. We don't have access to the recruiting boards at UGA, so who knows how the staff ranked or prioritized. Clemson got 3, Alabama got 3, Auburn got 5, and LSU got 3. UGA's biggest needs were at WR and DT, and got 4 of each. There were no DTs in GA, and 3 of UGA's WRs are ranked higher than the 3 Georgians. And the OT haul is large! The biggest miss is in TE. Maybe QB or DE. Not a bad day, with another few big names still available. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    GoDawgs123456GoDawgs123456 Posts: 19 ✭ Freshman

Good analysis JoeFann