Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jake Fromm: What we're hearing right now on stay or go to the NFL Draft

2»

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thought maybe we might hear something after his meeting with Kirby earlier today? Guess not....at least yet. I believe he has until the 20th.

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

Classes starts back tomorrow i think.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Totally agree! Not sure about Lawrence, but I'm 99% sure that Fromm played fewer games than Watson.

Not sure if Lawrence's HS competition level was as high as what Jake played either.

If Fromm and the receivers / TEs will put in the work like LSU did, I know it will pay off! There's just too much talent and potential on this team.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Some" say that if Jake wanted to remain at UGA he would have announced earlier not later. Maybe his NFL grade was higher than we imagined. I am not sure about that cause Eric Stokes just announced he is going to remain a Dawg and complete his senior year. Very good news!!!

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@budknox310, I wouldn't have considered Lawrence a mobile QB until I saw his two runs against OSU. Cardale Jones was the QB when OSU won the Natty and he's definitely not a mobile QB. I appreciate your comment. Civil discussions are one of the best things about this site.

• Options
    LarryDawgLarryDawg Posts: 11 ✭✭ Sophomore

If Jake stays I hope the Jake haters will stay off social media. Or, better yet find another team. Jake is a winner. He's a great kid, a DGD in every way. We will be a much better team next year with him. He will help the younger guys, like Beck, get ready to take over in 2021. Stay Jake, we need ya.

• Options
    NewbombTurkNewbombTurk Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

Other than the President not owning the Generals at the time, that's exactly how I remember Mr. Walker's departure, Dallas.

We consoled ourselves by saying he would have been crazy to give SEC defenses thirty shots at his knees every week in his senior season.

• Options
    joelljoell Posts: 34 ✭ Freshman
    edited January 2020

DallasDawg:

J. Walter Duncan was the original owner of the Generals who signed Herschel. In a way Herschel may have been "bamboozled" but things turned out well. He was the highest paid pro football player; and he had a "personal services" contract with the owner so he would get paid if the league folded. And Trump purchased the team & gave him an even more lucrative contract.