Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Emory Hate Zone

DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bringing back the rivalry. Time for some Emory hate.

The Emory Wheel news elaborates on the long standing hate between the two programs.-

"The story of Emory’s missing football program begins not with a football team (there never was a team to begin with) but at a pair of baseball games against the University of Georgia in 1884 and 1886. Emory took a beating on both occasions, losing 17-5 and 12-1, according to a history of Emory athletics called Athletics for All written by Clyde Partin, one of Emory’s foremost physical educators."

They have finally gotten their revenge, but at a cost.

Tagged:

Comments

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

NJ, like Georgia, has very different areas. Last week I spent time with cranberry growers. Very remote areas in the Pinelands. They need 10 acres of woods per acre of cranberries to manage water used in flooding for harvest and winter protection. NW part of the State like north Georgia.

Populous areas bc of NYC and Philly and Shore. Very proud of their Ag and moniker the Garden State. Big event this past Tu in Wildwood.

• Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Uhh... Hmmmm... (...so many things I want to say, so many responses...)

Best they remain unsaid...

• DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I spent a lot of time in the Clinton area. It was beautiful. Small towns and rolling hills.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As I recall, they're the Emory Tea Sippers.

I'm a Georgia graduate but I attended Emory as an undergraduate before transferring and have a good many friends from back then many of whom were and still are huge Georgia fans. Very good and nice people. When I was at Emory most of the people I knew were from Georgia, but the school has changed a lot since then.

Go, Dawgs!

• DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Do they take salt with their tea @JimWallace ?

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As a student, I signed up for a ride along program in an ambulance helicopter. I got to stand on the roof of Emory. That's all I got.

edited January 2020

I'm ignorant to the salt and NJ thing. Can someone explain?

Edit: Never mind, I read the article.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

😂😂😂😂😂WUT?!?!

I've never thought of The Dead has being a NE thing. If anything I would think they'd be associated with the west coast since they came out of San Francisco.

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When I read it I thought someone got screwed over by a Dr. or something from the Emory hospital.

• GradyDawg85GradyDawg85 Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RxDawg - HA neither did I! If I had, I might of gone to a different school.

But, going from 24 hrs of Dead at EU to the music of Athens in the early 80's was almost worth the transfer on its own!

• JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 8,553 admin

Good one, sir.

If we had a "made me laugh" button you would get one of those, too.

• MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The students were not Emory students but Emory's Oxford College out in Covington. Like comparing UGA to the UGA Griffin outpost.

• QvoxQvox Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oxford College has a metric ****-ton more intersectional feminist wokeness than Emory.

Incidentally, I'd let young Mr. Lu off on the grounds of tempory insanity due to hormonal rage. Obviously he was just trying to get laid.

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I attended a George Clinton/P Funk show at a mixer for Emory freshmen once. That was a strange evening.