Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Tim Brewster

law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man this guy is quickly becoming hard to handle just like Danny boy. I am positive he is negatively recruiting aganist Georgia. Brewster may quickly become a problem for Kirby and staff.

https://twitter.com/TimBrewster/status/1236480266937434113?s=19

Comments

• law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brewster picked up a TE most likely 5th or 6th down our board and another we hadnt offered, im ok with that.

How long does he stick at uf though ? Guy likes to bounce around.

• law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So you don't think Brewster could pose an issue for us (if he sticks around long enough)?

I understand confidence in Kirby (i'am very confident in him) but lets not pretend he is untouchable or cant be negatively impacted by a slime ball used car sales man.

Maybe i worry to much haha.

• how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let's review shall we, in the last couple of years UGA has been neck in neck with Bama in regards to recruiting so.... Clownshoes and minions aren't a real worry at this point.

• DawginSCDawginSC Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't think he'll be any more of an issue than any other solid recruiting assistant coach at a competitor is.

Think of it like how Rodney Garner is viewed (both when he was at UGA and now that he's at Auburn). Adequate on-field coach. Very good recruiter.

But he's not a "problem" for us or anyone else. He's just one of a bunch of good recruiters who UGA recruits against. Brewster is the same sort of guy.

• LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The insurmountable problem for the slime ball used car salesman is that people drive the cars they sell.

Sure, Brewster’s going to get his- it’s why Mullen brought him in, but Kirby has the sales pitch and the quality “merchandise” to back it up.

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If they're still in that spot come December then I'll take notice. Until then, hard to get too worked up about it. I'll file it in the same folder as Franks "seeing to it personally" that Florida would hang 50 on everyone.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't think we should worry about what Kirby and the assistants can do on the trail against other teams. They've proven they can go toe-to-toe with the best recruiting programs in the nation and sign the very best recruits, and UF is nowhere close to those other teams' recruiting pedigree. #NotWorried

• NomadDawgNomadDawg Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OP forgot the "/s"

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Brewster is as good as advertised he wouldn't have to strut around twitter boasting as he is. I'm not saying he's not a good recruiter. I have no idea. I had never heard of him until Florida hired him. I just do not worry about UGA recruiting since Kirby was hired. It seems like he's more interested in firing shots at Kirby than he is recruiting for Florida.

BTW, North Carolina is doing some very good recruiting this year. Does anyone know how involved Brewster was with what they have committed so far?