Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

How is everyone doing?

law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just courious how eveyone is holding up? Everything is closing here.

Spring practice is canceled.

Went to Publix today to get a few things and everything is wiped out.

People are acting crazy.

All this just dosen't seem real.

Hope everyone stays well.

Comments

• volatilisvolatilis Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, I was hoping with everything shutting down that this board would /willstay open. Brings a little bit of hope in this wacky situation we're in. Hope each of you and your family members stay healthy during this time.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2020

Just flip the tear off and it will last longer. One side of the square for the morning and one side for the evening/next morning.

Tell the broette to wash hands though after each use

• GradyDawg85GradyDawg85 Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Was about to order some books from Amazon when my Superior half in every way said, “Why don’t we stimulate the local economy instead?”

So a couple of Starbucks, a stop at “Half Price Books,” copious amounts of hand sanitizer later, and some contribution to the local economy, we’re stocked for the down times that will likely come during the next 2 wks when we’re all working and schooling from home.

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My wife went to the store today for necessities as we always go on Friday or Saturday. She came back and said she got 4 Dasani’s and 6 Smart Waters, I thought she was crazy to buy so much until she told me that she bought single bottles not cases as that was all the water they had...

We’re the only ones out of our friends with kids (15 month old twins) and from talking with my friends they’re all stocking up on beer and such while we’re buying diapers. I know I’ll be pulling my hair out for the next 2+ weeks with the kids trapped in the house, and they’ll all be “blanking” with their spouses or significant others... none of them sound upset about this at all.

I think I’m going to need a vacation when this is all over, hope y’all are staying safe.

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

4 teenagers at home to try to keep busy

• TurkDawgTurkDawg Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think all this is helping me reset, reframe, and remember what’s most important.

We all love Georgia sports or we wouldn’t be on this forum, but we love our family and friends, too.

I was wondering how LSU fans would feel if this virus ban had hit in December and the football playoff and bowl games were all cancelled. Or how we’d feel if it happened later this year and a promising season was canceled. Disappointed and frustrated, sure, but life is bigger.

Hug those most important, call your parents, enjoy fellowship time with friends and GO Dawgs!

• southafricandawgsouthafricandawg Posts: 113 ✭✭✭ Junior

Stay positive, This Too shall.

Then once the market starts to show consistent life of returning invest as much as you can and the next 3-5 you will look back and thank the Corona Virus.

• ziggyholidayziggyholiday Posts: 492 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

People are panic buying in Germany too, DoD schools are going to online instruction, German schools are closed until late April. Work seems like it's going to telework. I'm more concerned about my daughter back in Georgia at UNG given that she doesn't drive. BUT I imagine we'll all be fine(mostly).

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah TurkDawg I was just reminded to call my oldest brother. He had a **** some years ago. Our conversations are not the most fluid and he has his own large family of children and grandchildren. So he’s not on the edge of the chair waiting to hear From me but this whole crisis makes me want to check in on him and that’s a good thing.

This discussion has been closed.