Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

COVID-19 Check-in

Comments

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Some are mocking you. I will not. The country has suffered from a bombardment of the boy who cries wolf. The sky has been falling for decades, so now we don't believe the real thing. The media and certain other public folks have ruined their credibility and trust. I assure you this is a dangerous pandemic. I have a front row seat. Just be careful fellow Dawg.

1. This thing started in China about 4 months ago and has now traveled the globe.
    2. It CAN put a healthy adult on life support.

Joke:

The WHO has told people to stop handshakes. So sadly ... Jeffery Dahmer dumps his out in the trash.

• pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Costa Rica is closing their border to all foreigners effective midnight tonight. If you had a vacation planned there, you need change your plans.

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I just received an email that the Athens Clarke County commissioners are attending a called meeting to talk about setting up a curfew from 9pm to 5am.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

Doubt that will happen. Looks like it will be a base decision as my base CO (Navy SeaBees) and the Keesler AFB base CO both just said on local tv that unless there is an outbreak on the base they will continue under current DOD and CDC guidelines, bases are open and personnel are still required to report for work.

• pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry to hear that Kasey. I know it's not much consolation but there are tons of people in the same boat. It will, eventually, be over though.

• LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Got the word this afternoon that we’re on WFH for the next several weeks. Kids are homeschooled, but the church that hosts their weekly cooperative has closed to outside groups (their congregation is mostly elderly).

• DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey, congrats on baby! Hope y'all stay healthy and happy to hear another Dawg will soon be born to this world.

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I work for the operational side of I/T for a very large hospital organization. I won’t say which one, but it’s not very hard to figure it out. I work primarily in Columbus – 2 hospitals and approx.. 30 ambulatory locations, but I also occasionally have to work in Newnan and Fayette Hospital. Almost worked out where I was going to have to go to Fayette tomorrow, but plans changed. Outside of the virus itself and infected people, our biggest problem is customers stealing PPE. It’s now being protected at a much higher level.

It’s kind of a double edged sword for me. If we continue the direction we’re headed, look for a pretty major stock market crash in the near future. The good side of that is I won’t have to worry about having a job – we are extremely overwhelmed with preparing “new projects” very quickly to accommodate. But on the flip side, working at a hospital makes you much more likely to be infected by the virus.

I’m not going to argue the fact of whether it’s legit or there are other alternatives, but either way, it’s not going away anytime soon. God Bless all!

• Chitown_DawgChitown_Dawg Posts: 448 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Here in Illinois, all bars and restaurants are closed except for take out. Sadly, I expect us to see millions of cases when testing becomes adequate. Hopefully, our fatal/bad cases will be lower than others. Italy has shockingly bad numbers right now. Also, just read that France has 600 people in ICUs. Over half are under 60 years old. Be safe everyone.

This discussion has been closed.