Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

COVID-19 Check-in

Comments

• Options
    Steve_ZissouSteve_Zissou Posts: 307 ✭✭✭ Junior

PJackson still think this is a democrat hoax?

• Options
    santabarbaradawgsantabarbaradawg Posts: 186 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thanks . I feel alright, knot in the chest feeling was gone after 2 days,, just headache and cough, and slept for 16 hours today . The tiredness is the worst part.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope you and Kasey are right. Unfortunately here in Florida the Stay at Home doesn't start until midnight tonight so we are way behind. This "lock-down" is also very weak as, for example, churches are exempt and I live 1/2 a mile from a 1000+ church. My wife and I went on personal Stay at Home 2 weeks ago only going out (her) to get food once.

A week ago I did a simple model on US Deaths and projected the first 1,000 death day 4/4, the first 2,000 day 4/11 and the 3,000 day 4/17 topping out at 3,800 4/29 with an April total of 80k. Obviously not good news and I sincerely hope i'm wrong.

• Options
    razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Still pending peer-review, but positive news out of the China study (included a control group) for hydroxychloroquine in mild patients. Source: New York Times

• Options
    CaliforniaDawgCaliforniaDawg Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2020

@Denmen185 you're not wrong, especially if churches are massing people together in close proximity. The dawgs are using video conferencing to protect the players. I think church is essential, especially in trying times. But why sacrifice a congregation to lucifer (Covid19) when there are options to avoid this? Video conference is not as good but it saves lives. Do Florida pastors not care as much about the safety of their congregation as much as Kirby cares about his players?

Here's a link about the role funeral homes and churches are playing in spreading Covid19 in Georgia:

And i know many have been trained to think the next source is fake news (its not!), and there is nothing political, partisan or sensational in this article. But understanding how spread works is important in protecting our communities:

• Options
    mdpuck13mdpuck13 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

Most of the bigger churches in my area (south metro Atlanta) are doing live-stream only.

My church in particular has been exclusively live-streaming with no congregation for the last 3 Sundays...right around the time this all started breaking out and several weeks before Georgia government started to "get serious" about social distancing.

I'd imagine smaller churches may not have the capacity/know-how to livestream so they have tried to keep their doors open longer (not justifying doin so...just contributing to the conversation).

• Options
    CaliforniaDawgCaliforniaDawg Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mdpuck13 your church is protecting your congregation. And maybe bigger more sophisticated churches can help smaller churches somehow.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was watching a pastor being interviewed on the national TV news yesterday, and he is somewhere in Louisiana, and he also just “doesn’t get it” about covid-19, and prevention through social distancing. He’s having services being held with large gatherings physically at their church. I’m really praying for his congregation (and him too!) to discover the amazing 21st century tool of “live streaming“. Our church has been live streaming our services for three weeks now. I offer sincere prayers daily for all of y’all.

• Options
    Old_lady_dawg_fanOld_lady_dawg_fan Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm involved in live streaming for a smaller church at bethelpres.com

It isn't fancy and we've had a few glitches, but we've been able to worship together.

• Options
    deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 1,595 mod

This is a very eye opening report on how easy Covid can spread. Over 2k cases in Europe have been tracked to this one church on the French/German border

• Options
    Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Our Bible fellowship class met on Zoom Sunday morning, followed by our pastor preaching on our website - and it was also broadcast on an app for the Roku. It can be done with relative ease, you just have to commit to it. It is important that we do not cease to "meet" together. But we can be smart about it.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Unless a cure/partial cure is found the April numbers are almost unchangeable at this point as 80+% of the April fatalities have already contracted the disease. We have to make sure that May shows a decline through behavior changes.

• Options

Beautiful day in the Upstate of SC. State shelter-in-place order is about a day old now. Not sure just how much it will change around here. A lot of the businesses affected were already running on reduced hours. I have started ordering more and more online supplies to be honest. My wife went to the grocery store for a big run this morning early and found a full stock of toilet paper and a lot of stuff that had been gone. Still some random things that were completely wiped out (rice, eggs, most meat). The lack of chicken puts more pressure on my turkey hunting success.

Getting some stuff done around the house that I have been putting off forever. Not sure if Lowe's/Home Depot will be open during these days if I have the urge to take on bigger projects. Used three old lawn mowers this morning to create one working pushmower to do the front yard. Pollen is making me sneeze - which I pay attention to much more than I used to. Focusing on what I eat, how much sleep I get, and my exercise to try to stay as healthy as I can.

Starting to notice on every show and movie I watch when there are crowds - and fighting the urge to say out loud "they are too close to each other..."

• Options

Also, my science/logic brain is starting to come to this conclusion...

Places like Washington and California have really calmed the transmissions, flattened the curve, with their mitigation...

They are saving lives.

But if I understand these "curves," the flattened ones lower immediate case numbers but REALLY stretch out the duration of this thing. No way they can open things back up before a vaccine is ready - otherwise they become NYC. Metro areas HAVE to stay shut down until science can fix this.

I think somebody needs to come out and tell the people of our country that this is gonna last another year. I don't see how it doesn't - I don't see another endgame.

Somebody talk me out of this thinking, please - tell me I am missing something!

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

You're missing something. I don't know what, but you wanted me to tell you that...😜

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
This discussion has been closed.