Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

To all those folks that think this all a big joke and you won't get "it"

OdinOdin Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Karma has no time line. I have neighbors having big cook outs and pool parties. Can't fix ****. I'd attach a GIF but it would go over the heads of those who should see it. A lot of dumb people out there.

Comments

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with you statement but I am optimistic that soon, a cure and a vaccine will be created that will allow our lives to return to “normal”.

• OroValleyDawgOroValleyDawg Posts: 245 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

There is a big difference in thinking its a hoax/joke and overreacting. Watch California who is going to ruin their economy and Florida who is opening too soon. Those are the ends of of the spectrum.

Personally I think the math and science have been off on this from the beginning. The virus is deadly for the elderly, the obese, and those with underlying conditions. Around a 80% recovery with little issues with everyone else.

We have massively overreacted for the most part in my opinion.

• WtkWtk Posts: 599 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

we won't do it much longer. The cost of what it takes to do this will become apparent. then it ends. Regardless of the consequences. we had 61,200 deaths from the flu in 2017-2018 flu season. we did not shelter in place then.

• UGA_2019UGA_2019 Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

California going to ruin their economy? What, are they going to go from what would be the fifth largest economy in the world to sixth? Largest in the US to second largest? Some people love to just say things that they would LIKE to be true...

I'll leave you guys with a quote from the great Dr. Anthony Fauci:

"Well, the way you get ahead of [coronavirus] is that as - as I try to explain to people, that I want people to assume that I'm over- or that we are overreacting, because if it looks like you're overreacting, you're probably doing the right thing..."

• GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's got to be difficult not accurately knowing exactly what is going on in the world /s

• BaxleydawgBaxleydawg Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2020

Many believe that common sense and good hygiene, not isolation are easy fixes to this disease. In the last week I’ve saw a guy walk out of the bathroom and go to the slushee machine without washing his hands in a store and a lady pull down her mask, wipe her nose on her glove before using the debit pin pad. Also saw folks eating , touching money then their faces with their Gloves on, etc. Social distancing and then everyone meeting up at Walmart and the grocery stores with poor hygiene does nothing.

This disease didn’t spread across the country from January 20 till now. It was here probably as early as October, November.

Shutting down the country has accomplished nothing. It’s really easy if people weren’t so mislead.

1.Quarantine infected people

2.Good hygiene and sanitation

I run a garbage company and we encounter germs on a daily basis for years.We wash our hands and use gloves.We don’t touch our faces while working.

Ive been a germaphobe for years. Nothing has changed for me

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2020

my momma tested positive for it 3 weeks ago. She was fine after a week. I was with her for an extended period of time meaning i probably had it and never showed symptoms. I haven’t had access to an antibody test yet, but I’m very interested in the results.

Personally i think closing the country down for everyone is ****. Everyone over 65 or who’s at risk and feels like they need too should just stay home and collect social security, wear a mask in public, and have delivery companies greatly expand their capacities.

Keeping all these people cooped up only works for so long. I’m back in Athens and people are driving around everywhere, i think it’s only a matter of time before businesses start opening back up

@Baxleydawg if i did get it, it was because my parents made me come back and quarantine with them. Love the irony there lol

If you took the men and women who are calling the cops on people who are trying to go about normal lives by grilling out or walking on an empty beach (oh the horror!!) back in time, they would probably also call the cops on the people who sheltered Anne Frank. I don’t know when we decided turning ourselves into a police state was okay but at some point we’ve got to decide where we draw the line...

It’s ok to go through a drive thru restaurant but people were arrested for a drive thru church. Definitely many governments of the world whether intentionally or not are setting precedents and expanding control over people in this time.

Stay at home! Unless your home is a prison, then you are released to do whatever you want. Is **** bane making these decisions??

Sports are over... prisoners being release... stay at home orders in place...

• RedDawgRedDawg Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

going to be a lot of coulda woulda shoulda when this all ends and we actually learn the truth....if we ever learn the truths.

Well said. Since I’m in the trucking industry and do safety presentations all the time I can tell you that it’s 30 to 40 thousand per year that die in automobile accidents.

As far as shutting down much longer, we can’t. It takes everyone as a team to produce the basic things we need to survive. Food, clothing, medicine, electricity, etc. Long term isolation means economic collapse, famine, starvation, and much more devastation than the disease is causing.

I’m glads shes ok. Total isolation is the only way to avoid any most communicable diseases. Of course humans couldn’t survive in total isolation.

Is anybody else thought about the possible Covid19 baby boom with everyone stuck at home and nothing else to do. Should be a bunch of babies born in around 9 months.