Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Herschel weighs in on current events

christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited June 2020 in Off Topic

I have always admired how well spoken and thoughtful Herschel Walker is when presenting himself. IMHO He's DGD forever. Note - MODS you can either combine or delete this thread if I am the very last person in the DawgNation to see this video of Herschel's thoughts/views .

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    dragonslayerdragonslayer Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Herschel for President!

• Options
    SavageSavage Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Class act, DGD & Georgia royalty. Been a hero of mine since I was a kid & somebody everyone can look up to.

• Options
    how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A breath of fresh air, he voices what I firmly believe the vast majority of the nation feels. DGD !

• Options
    Old_lady_dawg_fanOld_lady_dawg_fan Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

DGD then, now, always!

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Amen to term limits. The Founders never envisioned career politicians. Not sure it will ever come to pass but it is definitely at the core of many of our problems.

Also amen to @GrayDawg's comment, "Americans have much more in common than they do differences." There are powerful forces at both ends of the political spectrum profiting from sowing division and strife.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Herchel needs to stick with sports. He is conflating the legitimate protests with fringe elements who are committing crimes and addresses the symptoms of the systemic racism that exists rather than the cause itself. His answer to police brutality against those those exercising their rights is to empower the same in the name of "Law and Order".

• Options
    edited June 2020

Did he not advocate for the imposition of the rule of law when conflating the two? Please explain how he planned to address the racism that exists in society rather than that that exists within the police force.

BTW I am white and was fully expecting numerous DV but some things are more important than DV or Football.

• Options
    Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Again - great forum for discussion here. Great to read everyone's take...

• Options
    edited June 2020

Because the majority of whites dismiss reality as a rant from black people. I wanted to emphasize that you don't have to be black to recognize the racism that exists.