Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Apparently some race car guys also like to fish

BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited June 2020 in General

This doesn’t have to be much of a discussion, but I would like for people to understand what really happened in Alabama this week.

Who can tie a non slip loop knot? It helps to add more realistic action to the lure, and as with most knots it can be used for non-fishing related purposes. Instead of cinching the line down tight around the eye of the lure, a loose loop is left that allows the lure to move more freely. I don’t think Lefty Kreh developed the knot but it was one of his favorites for fly fishing, thus it is also called The Kreh Loop.

The same knot can also be used to fashion a replacement pull rope on a garage door. I’ve seen it myself. The loop makes a good handhold for pulling a heavy door. I had one on a garage door in a warehouse I rented in Doraville that was tied by someone before I took the place. Nobody ever once accused me of having an upside down noose hanging in my business, but I would have LOL if they did.

This wasn’t a crazy jump in logic to think it was a noose in our current climate, but now that this has been explained it sure would be nice to hear the national media explain the mistake and not have the driver involved continue fanning the flames by calling it a “straight up noose” when it clearly was not the case.

Comments

• 70dawg70dawg Posts: 273 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Ding!ding!ding! You nailed it with not having the driver continue fanning the flames. Why can't he just see a spade as a spade!!?

It seems in this environment, one can find racism in just about anything. So continuing to beat the drum in these instances is just drowning out the potential real instances of racism.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod
    edited June 2020
  • BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2020

Very smart. That’s much better than his appearance the previous night with Don Lemon, when he basically said the FBI can say whatever they want. Glad to see him try to walk back his previous statements.

In the end, none of this will effect my viewership of Nascar. I had no idea Bubba Wallace was black before this, and can’t identify a single person in ghostmod’s response. I had no idea confederate flags were still being flown at races, but that only further reinforces my view of those events. The fact the typical Nascar fanatic closely resembles a Gator fan in the panhandle is not the only reason I don’t have any interest in attending or watching a race. If you want my real opinion, Nascar is driving their cars in the wrong direction. They should be making right turns instead of left turns.

Does anyone know why races are run from left to right? Cars. Horses. Track and Field. Almost all of them. Someone should start a contrarian oval racing circuit that runs from right to left. It would be very refreshing after the years of nothing but lefthand turns.

edit: whichever mod modified this thread so that it doesn’t go back to the top - I’ll bet your momma breast fed until you were in kindergarten.

• MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 Nice pics. Fish #2 is caught in salt water. What kind of fish is that? A sport fish or good eatin too?

On a personal note, some years ago I was fishing in S. Florida near Miami (?) and salt water fishing was a completely new experience for me. Except for the time when I was a kid and my parents put my brother and I on one of those "drift boats".

But what I didn't know was we would be trolling for our catch and I thought I would try holding my fishing rod instead of placing into one of those metal fishing rod holders. Like to blow my arm out. It felt like I was holding a 30 lb weight with one arm.

Still love to eat salt water fish. But I'm more cut out for in-shore or fresh water fishing I suppose.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

Keep poking the bear with your edits, just some friendly advice as it was not me who "modified" the thread lol

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

Bull Nose Dolphin a/k/a Mahi Mahi and yes to both the other questions.

• MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks. Mahi Mahi. I've heard the name many times over the years, but I don't know if I've ever tried it. Crazy, I know.

Redfish, Snapper, Grouper, and Salmon are several of my favorites. The fried Grouper plate at Stingrays in Tybee being one of my favorites. Unbelievable portions too.

edited June 2020

Calling out unethical behavior is “poking the bear?”

It is not lost on me that the power hungry moderator in question could potentially issue a ban for calling him out, especially given his penchant for abuse of power. Saying he was breast fed too long is a pretty playful insult, especially given he has done this kind of thing multiple times - of which all of you are already aware. What’s disappointing is the way you guys always jump to his defense even though you can clearly see he is in the wrong.

I don't know who did what as none have said. Just giving friendly advice, take it or leave it makes no difference to me, eventually the bear will bite. Sorry to disappoint you I will not be able to sleep tonight, if you think my comment was only about your insulting a mod, think again.......

edited June 2020

“, if you think my comment was only about your insulting a mod, think again.......”

Complete and total BS. Here’s a challenge. Check out my comment history and link up the most recent example in 2020 of whatever it is you are talking about. My posting history is available for everyone to see and search. I’ve even stayed away from the covid thread because it is nothing but trouble and should have been closed two months ago. Rife with politics and would have been closed if not for the fact it was started by a mod.

Everyone knows who limited this thread. Kasey doesn’t play those powertrip games like the old dude does. Poke the bear? I do NOT respond to him and haven’t in probably over a year. I basically ignore him the best I can, although I do mark his comments “off topic” WHEN APPROPRIATE, since staying on topic is his signature soapbox. So he limits my thread because of that? If that’s the problem then it only supports my opinion that he shouldn’t be a moderator.

I’m moving on Pointless discussion, unless you link something up Fair enough?

This thread is BS and you know it is. About fishing knots is laughable at best and since we are on the power trip train.......closed.....

This discussion has been closed.