Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Happy Fourth, Erbody...

2»

Comments

• Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

... can't begin to imagine this perspective...

So much I want to say. All I can do is pray for change, work for change, and be thankful we live in a country that allows change.

I celebrate the ideals - the ideas of perfection in the middle of imperfections - and hope we will all work to get there.

• BrooklynDawgBrooklynDawg Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Honestly man, its thoughts like these that give me a little hope that maybe oneday my grandkids dont have to see what I've seen, what my father has seen, what my grandfather has seen, etc. We cant just talk about the change, though. We have to practice what we preach and implement real systematic changes. Be glad you dont know the quite pain of your fellow Americans, but with that same breath, be the change that will allow your fellow Americans to say"...I cant begin to imagine this perspective..." Trust me when I say we want the same thing. Be empathetic and be that change. Dont be angry when someone describes a different America that you know. We just want equality, not the country. Most of us would rather live with you and not be against you. Reread that statement. Emphasis on Live With You. We just want the same treatment. PM me if you really are serious about that change.

I dont mind saying, I downvoted your original post, and I hope you have seen why. Just because we are the best country in the world(yes, we have freedoms as a whole, but we are not at the top as we once were, and still the problems we have doesnt and hasn't made us the "Greatest") we have work to do. I'm not, and other Americans like me, are not asking for perfection. We just want to be treated like the MAJORITY of Americans that dont worry about their lives or the lives of the people they love like we do. I can not for the life of me understand why that is so hard to understand and empathize with. I could name other groups of people who have had the full support of the American people who have not lived the life we have for as long as we have, but why should I equate another's pain to my own if our pains dont equate the same to the majority? It falls on deaf ears.

• Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020

What you ask for - that truth - is actually self-evident if we take a minute and reflect (sorry, Hamilton again...).

Deaf ears? Not all of them. Persevere.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

I'm quoting this one quote, but I will address the quote you said below this as well. Thank you for not being so one sided in your thinking that you cant see. This is how and why discussions can be had to fix the problems of the world, not just in American. Please, PM me after this, I would like to hear your thoughts and I'm thinking you would do the same for me. I have had professors and teachers that were open to thinking outside of their comfort zone and they have been the best teachers of life that I have had in a professional setting. Please continue in the same light, kids need that.

As far as worship goes, we live in a country where it is acceptable to believe in different religions and beliefs so that would be hard. There are different days that worship is done and different rituals as well. But, we all can and should believe in human decency, and no matter what your beliefs (if they are decent), everybody wants that for themselves. With that being said, you are on the right track. Please, continue to teach your kids in your charge this, as well as those who are in your community who dont feel the same in this way of thinking. It is important for growth and progress in this country, let alone the world.

Lastly, I do live in New York and have seen and believe in a lot of what Hamilton has said. I honestly feel that Hamiltonism should be taught through the nation. Let's make this a thing in the school systems around the nation! Again, PM me later.

• flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There will always be work to do, No such thing as Utopia.  Nothing wrong with celebrating the freedoms we do have

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

Hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable day yesterday!

This discussion has been closed.