Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Vinyl

TxnDawgTxnDawg Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Anyone have any advice or tips? I’m just now getting into this area of music and would love some input. All i know is what I’ve researched online. Don’t have anyone guiding me so I’ll take any i can get. What setup do you have? Thank you in advance!

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Are you more concerned with your audio setup and brands to buy a turntable?

or are you wanting more info on procuring vinyl albums and what not?

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020
  • TxnDawgTxnDawg Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Right now setup and brand advice to help me get it started. I found a site called Discogs and it’s like a music eBay. It’s pretty cool

• TxnDawgTxnDawg Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AnotherDawg thank you, I’ll have to go through and read that. I normally just hop on for the recruiting so I missed that thread

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

I use Discogs a good bit in researching a lot of albums I have or had. I've sold a lot on eBay, some bringing a pretty price.

One thing I've found out, once you think you have a rare album, there's going to be a dozen for sell on eBay. So if your looking to find some original older classics, check and see what they're selling for on eBay.

As far as brands, base it on how much your really going to use it and how much you want to invest. Silly me, I got rid of a lot of my audio back in the late 80's when vinyl started fading with new tech taking it's place. I've pieced together some JBL speakers that I kept along with a Sony receiver that's about 30 years old. I bought a cheap ION turntable just to play test the albums that I "inherited". It works and sounds pretty good for what it was intended for.