Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Iron Mike vs Roy Jones Jr. Sept 12 - Pick’em

BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Two Greats who haven’t fought in years. Could be entertaining. Who you got?

Iron Mike vs Roy Jones Jr. Sept 12 - Pick’em 39 votes

Iron Mike in a KO
58%
Tdub0199ddsnyderugaBoroDawgjc30116christopherulespgjacksonPharmDawg2054OroValleyDawgsanforddawgCanedawg2140darklangoSupaMan_StupKnoxDawg865Yeates292BHDAWGUGA101MrDabney25Johntee0306bordersdawgKdubb0211 23 votes
Iron Mike Decision
10%
Diablo_and_DocHunkerDown1MoreTimeDuckDawg25CarsonD98 4 votes
Roy Jones KO
0%
Roy Jones Decision
20%
amjadawgsdradcliffBrotatoChip88Dawg94TNDawg71Caromeclarklooeyvilledawgbeanutputter 8 votes
I’m
10%
BiffLowmanTheSmartWayAnotherDawgYaleDawg 4 votes

Comments

• Options

I guess you cant edit a poll

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,038 mod

Delete and start over maybe?

• Options
    Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I haven't seen videos of Jones in training but I've seen some of Mike. Ain't no way I'm taking a hit from him. He was born to punch people

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Iron Mike in a KO

Iron Mike has like some sort of human sledgehammer for fists.

• Options

I agree. Those first two workout videos were scary. Stamina will be the key, but he definitely looks like a dangerous man again.

• Options
    beanutputterbeanutputter Posts: 45 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Roy Jones Decision

Get Hollyfield involved and I will watch. That would be fun. Herschel would probable fight him. That would be even more fun.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I’m

I'm. 💯

• Options
    AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There should be another option: who blows lunch first. Can’t believe either can get into fighting shape at their age. Could be entertaining though.

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Which will happen first? A knock out or a pass out from hyperventilation

• Options
    jc30116jc30116 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Iron Mike in a KO

Watched this earlier today. Think this could be over quickly after seeing this.

• Options
    BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Iron Mike in a KO

If he dies, he dies.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I’m

Since my I'm/100% response didn't gain much traction, here's my real $0.02.

Mike seems to be at peace at this stage of his life. That's not a good place to be if you want to win boxing matches. When he was young (and successful), he was borderline crazy and definitely angry. I have no idea what's going on with Roy Jones these days but that's where my money would be. Unless Don King is the promoter, in which case the fix may already be in for Tyson.

• Options
    Kdubb0211Kdubb0211 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Iron Mike in a KO

Tyson has been training with chute box guys from Brazil this is over in a hurry. I don’t think Roy can run fast enough.

• Options

I don’t know. I think he looks slow in that one, especially on body blows when he also has to drop his hands. If it goes more than 2 then I think Jones could take a decision. They could also mutually agree to a draw after 5 for being tired.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Iron Mike in a KO

Exactly what I was thinking. Roy might actually get killed in the ring. Tyson is still the hardest hitter on the planet. If Tyson has his mental game together he is unstoppable. I can see him making a George Foreman-like comeback. I'll bet he stages a comeback. The heavyweight division is a bit of a mess right now. Would love to see Tyson fight Wilder or Fury.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod
  • Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Iron Mike in a KO

Maybe. I've watched both and am not impressed. They look kind of sloppy and awkward. Neither seem to have Tyson's killer instincts and fearlessness. If Tyson looks good against RJJ I wouldn't be surprised to see him get back in the game. Of course Tyson is 50 something years old and who knows what his stamina is like right now...but then Tyson didn't go past 3 rounds very often in his prime.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

You know what else they don’t have?

Tyson’s advanced age. His prime was OVER 30 years ago. He’s 54.