Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Where's Kirby

70dawg70dawg Posts: 273 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

With a number of high profile coaches and well known players speaking out, why hasn't Kirby spoken up, tweeted or made any comments about letting the players play? What about our team leaders, LeCounte would seem to be a player that you would think would be speaking up for the team!

Thoughts?

Comments

• 70dawg70dawg Posts: 273 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

As soon as I posted this I saw some chatter on another thread about this exact question!

Was just thinking today that since UGA has become more of a national presence that it would be nice for Kirby to be a bit more part of the discussion ala Saban, Coach O etc.

Agree with your thoughts and some other thoughts on the other thread

• how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I trust Kirby to be Kirby..HBTFD !

• CabinSaturdayCabinSaturday Posts: 55 ✭✭✭ Junior

I want Kirby to speak up. I have no doubt he wants to play as much as anyone, but I just want to hear him say it. He’s too careful about his words at times. Take a position and stand for it. I loved the HBTFD comment. We need more of that! I want the entire CFB world screaming at the decision makers. Players, fans, coaches.....everybody.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's not virtue signaling. Virtue signaling is putting up a sign in your yard that says, "Hate has no home here." Which implies that there might be hate in your neighbor's home if they don't put up the same sign.

Why not say something? It doesn’t take much time to send a tweet. There’s a reason why he’s been silent, not sure what it is, but there must be one. Everything he does is geared towards winning football games. If we don’t have games, all that effort was for nothing. All that great recruiting, and the recruits don’t even get to play. Don’t go down without at least speaking up!

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Playing 4D chess, as always.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

I think now he’s not saying anything because he wants you to say something so bad.

Heres one for you...how many big 10 coaches said something yesterday about playing? And what good did it do?

Ill hang up and listen

• allywallyw Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dang. I got excited thinking this might be another plane tracking thread 😂. That was my favorite right after Florida Hate Zone...

I’m not sure what stand he took...a football coach wants to coach football. I don’t think he was making any grand political statement by that. Maybe I’m being naive. Maybe it’s because I haven’t watched or read news in two months.

from my vantage it seems like people want to make this political when really it’s financial, and the anger and vitriol should be shifted there.

Why don’t you want Kirby to speak up? I haven’t said I think his voice will tip the scales, but it darn sure won’t hurt. Why not come out and fire up the troops a little?

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't know if it's political. I certainly haven't made any statements in the forum to suggest that it is. But there's no doubt that it's the elite vs. the little guy. People in power are making decisions that suit their agenda without regard for the devastating effect on the average citizen in this country. Cancelling the CFB season for no good reason is part of that. So I appreciate anyone in any position of authority speaking up for us little guys.

1. i know he wants to play ball. That’s the way he’s wired.
    2. I don’t really care. cool he says he wants to play. I already assumed that.
    3. it won’t matter what he says. The university presidents will make the call.

“But I appreciate him taking a stand against the Ministry of Groupthink.”

👆🏿 This statement leads me to believe it’s at least 2% political. Plus I read the boards, I read almost every post and I have a pretty accurate description where everyone lies on this issue by now.

i think you’re framing it incorrectly. You want it to be some classist issue because that is an easier to understand narrative. Us vs them. David vs Goliath.

the way I see it, is these presidents did some accounting, saw how much $$ this was going to cost to test players and coaches and decided to punt. Can Ohio and Michigan afford the testing? I’d imagine so. Can Indiana and Rutgers? I doubt it. But that story doesn’t drive the pretty rage machine that’s been humming for the last 20 years.

im done fueling the hate machine BC all that happens is I get angry and nothing changes.