Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

A little Dawgnation fun.... a music survey!!!!

Comments

• razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seen that clip dozens of times and still thrilled to have watched it again - thanks for posting!

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is it obvious that I love great sax?

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • athensjohnathensjohn Posts: 142 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 2020

1. Band that you dislike: Kanye West

2. Band you think is overrated: Sex Pistols

3. Band you think is under appreciated: The Buggles (Trevor Horn went on to produce so many big hits).

4. Band that you love: Rage Against the Machine

5. Band that you could listen to over and over again: RATM

6. Band that made you fall in love with music: Violent Femmes and Everly Brothers

7. Band that is your guilty pleasure: Georgia Florida Line/Black Eyed Peas

8. Band you wish you would have seen live....but it's no longer possible: Dead Kennedy's, Black Flag, RATM

9. Greatest band to see live: Labrea Stompers, Jody Grind

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod
    edited August 2020

I don’t mind Springsteen, but I’d like him a lot more if he didn’t take himself so seriously. Here’s a vid you and @Bankwalker might enjoy...

• ziggyholidayziggyholiday Posts: 492 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

1. Band that you hate

Nickleback

2. Band you think is overrated

Kendrick Lamar

3. Band you think is under appreciated

Reel Big Fish

4. Band that you love

Wu-Tang is FOREVER

5. Band that you could listen to over and over again

Blues Brothers

6. Band that made you fall in love with music

Led Zeppelin

7. Band that is your guilty pleasure

Grandpa Jones

8. Band you wish you would have seen live....but it's no longer possible

Nirvana but, specifically their Unplugged session

9. Greatest band to see live.

Hands down, Beastie Boys

• TurkDawgTurkDawg Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2020

@Old_lady_dawg_fan @Bankwalker

Saw The Rolling Stones in Jacksonville at the old Gator Bowl in 1989 (Steel Wheels tour). Seeing them where our Dawgs play football made an incredible show even more special!

Cool memory: After the final encore of Jumping Jack Flash, the Stones left the stage as images of a British and American flag together appeared on the giant video screens. A big fireworks display then launched over the St Johns River, easily visible from inside the stadium, set to the 1812 overture played over the massive sound system. Epic ending to an epic live performance.

• TurkDawgTurkDawg Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@amjadawgs I love Supertramp and the Commodores! Still listening to both in 2020, along with the Little River Band mentioned recently.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Old_lady_dawg_fan

"2. Band you think is overrated: The me-too bands like Rush"

I'm curious what you mean about me-too bands?

• athensjohnathensjohn Posts: 142 ✭✭✭ Junior

I was the designated driver for Jello when he visited UGA on a trip during his spoken word days. He is a very intense person. Henry Rollins visited UGA the year before and they told me he was great to hang out with (compared to Jello who I would say was not a lot of fun and he was not a fan of the south).

Athens still has some great shows and musicians. I'm a little old for it now, but AtheFest is usually a good bit of fun. I'm always amazed at how great the small venues in Athens are. You are right there with the band.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@razorachilles

Muse is great live. I always liked them. I was dragged to a concert of theirs one time and walked away a much bigger fan.

Interesting note. I once went to a Smashing Pumpkins concert (maybe 5ish years ago?). Marilyn Manson opened up for them. I was never much a fan of theirs, ok I suppose but a little dark ya know. Anyways, we went to see the Pumpkins but I'm telling you Manson stole the show. They were so good. We even left the Pumpkins early because it was such a let down after Manson. Anyways, my point is I had also recently seen Muse and I thought their shows were very similar in style and energy. Big drums, rhythm driven rock, etc.

I like the change you made.....I should have used dislike instead of hate for #1.

I like the change you made.....I should have used dislike instead of hate for #1.