Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Jacurri Brown

VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

http://l.hudl.com/profile/10872854/Jacurri-Brown

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/jacurri-brown/gENzQ1PYEeiAxvL2rdhhtw/gendersport/football-stats.htm

For you South Ga high school football nuts... Freshman QB down here for Lowndes High School. 6'3" 175lbs. Had a pretty good season this year. Very good runner. Next season he should put up some big numbers. This year Lowndes leaned hard on RB Travis Tisdale (future Kentucky Wildcat) and will be looking for leadership on offense. The other two QBs on their roster have transferred to Tifton and Thomas County Central. With Brown taking the reigns for 3 more years, he could potentially land on UGA's radar if he ups his passing game.

I think the last player to play for UGA from Lowndes was Josh Harvey-Clemons. I'm ready to see another.

Comments

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VALDOSTADAWG said:

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/jacurri-brown/gENzQ1PYEeiAxvL2rdhhtw/gendersport/football-stats.htm

For you South Ga high school football nuts... Freshman QB down here for Lowndes High School. 6'3" 175lbs. Had a pretty good season this year. Very good runner. Next season he should put up some big numbers. This year Lowndes leaned hard on RB Travis Tisdale (future Kentucky Wildcat) and will be looking for leadership on offense. The other two QBs on their roster have transferred to Tifton and Thomas County Central. With Brown taking the reigns for 3 more years, he could potentially land on UGA's radar if he ups his passing game.

I think the last player to play for UGA from Lowndes was Josh Harvey-Clemons. I'm ready to see another.

jeez. this transferring thing is crazy.

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, love those South Georgia boys. We may never c a better LB don the Red and Black than Roquan. Buck Belue is my all time favorite DAWG and of course he's from Valdosta. More please?? 😂😂😂

• MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

High school transfers have been going on for a long time. See Grayson, Peachtree Ridge, Archer, etc.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VALDOSTADAWG said:

@donm said:

@VALDOSTADAWG said:

Next thing we know pee-wee players will be transferring :D
    "After much discussion with my parents, Pre-school teacher, and nanny, I have decided it's best for my career that I should transfer to......."

You mean, "I will be taking my talents to..." :smile:

• kwgalpinkwgalpin Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm told Deyon Bouie from Bainbridge, GA is going to be something special. That could just be all talk as he is only a freshman, but Kirby saw him play twice in person as a freshman this year against Fromm's brother's team Warner robins and promptly offered. He's a DB, mainly plays CB. I've played basketball with him at the local Y, and although age is definitely starting to catch up to me, he was very difficult to handle. Extremely explosive and quick as a cat.

• HumbleYourselfHumbleYourself Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VALDOSTADAWG said:

@donm said:

@VALDOSTADAWG said:

Next thing we know pee-wee players will be transferring :D
    "After much discussion with my parents, Pre-school teacher, and nanny, I have decided it's best for my career that I should transfer to......."

You joke, but my son plays in the Archer cluster pee wee football because I want to keep him out of Grayson. Its never to early to plan for your child's future success....and to avoid A-holes.

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Haven't made a 2022 big board yet but I'll go ahead and take note haha. Keep em coming

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VALDOSTADAWG thanks for this one sir. You think this one will make the grade by signing day?

• VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod
    edited January 2019

@christopherules said:
    @VALDOSTADAWG thanks for this one sir. You think this one will make the grade by signing day?

Eh.. Probably not unless he starts putting up like 300yds passing a game in the next 3 years. I have a 57 year old coworker who has never missed a Lowndes game and he loves the kid. Just speculating and wanting for this kid to make it somewhere. If he's good enough by 2022 then hell yeah lets get him. But Lowndes is a run first offense (QB included) I don't see him putting up enough stats thru the air to be considered but I could be/hope I am wrong.

@VALDOSTADAWG said:

@christopherules said:

Eh.. Probably not unless he starts putting up like 300yds passing a game in the next 3 years. I have a 57 year old coworker who has never missed a Lowndes game and he loves the kid. Just speculating and wanting for this kid to make it somewhere. If he's good enough by 2022 then hell yeah lets get him. But Lowndes is a run first offense (QB included) I don't see him putting up enough stats thru the air to be considered but I could be/hope I am wrong.

He could still be a highly ranked ATH like Mecole, Bishop and others who played QB in HS. Not many freshman get big time PT in 7A if I had to guess

Bump for the Lowndes QB whose got a chance to get a ring on Saturday.

Still not slinging the ball alot but the kids got wheels. 95 yard TD rush this season.

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/jacurri-brown/gENzQ1PYEeiAxvL2rdhhtw/football/stats.htm

No composite ranking yet, but 247 Sports has him as a 4* DT QB.

Peep the offer list.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Any chance we are in on this kid at all?

Pretty sure Jeff or Cash or SoFL or someone with credibility mentioned that he's definitely on our board. Imagine it may come down to him or MJ.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

I know the türds want him. being down in south georgia I imagine it isn't a tough pull. Also heard Auburn may lead and there may be enough separation from Bonix (which sounds like a new pharmaceutical that can cure tendonitis)

Thank you for embracing my Bonix campaign. I think you're the first on the bandwagon.

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2020

@AnotherDawg

Hooked on Bonix!

His internet handle should be eBonix!