Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Something is really bothering me about Dawgnation

texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is a Georgia Bulldog football forum......a really good Forum and one I've enjoyed for the past few years.

The Georgia Bulldogs have many former great players. But they have one player that is considered by most to be the greatest college football player of all time.....

Herschel Walker.......but for some reason many times when his name is brought up......the thread gets shuts down.

Not only was Herschel Walker the greatest player in Georgia history......he has always represented the school so well.

Successful pro football career......very successful career after football.....good father......proud American......and someone that respects this country and what it stands for. While also acknowledging that things aren't perfect.

A man that has dealt with horrible racism and suffered severe bullying while growing up. If Herschel isn't a person for the younger generations to look up to....... who is?

How have we gotten to a place where someone who has done so many things well.....and is a hero to so many......but can't be discussed in a Georgia football forum? Simply because he has different views than some on here?

I've started this thread so that people can discuss how awesome Herschel was and still is.

If it's determined that this thread needs to be shut down......a thread about the greatest player in Bulldog history and a great American.....then I guess this forum wasn't for me.

Comments

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who was the player who called him a fool?

• Godawgs2019Godawgs2019 Posts: 95 ✭✭✭ Junior

As a Dawg fan of course he is revered and probably the GOAT to ever put on a uniform. I'm not sure he is a significant figure to anybody under the age of 45 or not a UGA fan based on his nfl career.

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Stef_Lew_478Stef_Lew_478 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’d be willing to bet that most of the current players on the UGA roster have a similar opinion to what Rian expressed...

• 70dawg70dawg Posts: 273 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Then maybe some of those under 45 should start listening to to 34!

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2020

Funny story that's likely to get backlash...my dad's a 58 year old man and he's not a big fan of Herschel the person. He might be the only long long term Georgia football fan on the planet that isn't and this is something that I just realized this year. Honestly maybe in the last few days, because I thought his jabs that I saw earlier were more on the line of good natured...they're really not.

Politics are some of it (not to take it there, but if you make a guess about him, you'd probably be correct), but the main reason...I'll just say, if he were to come on here and say his main reason (he actually does have an account to boot, but it's for the articles), he'd get absolutely showered with downvotes.

This discussion has been closed.