Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Otis Reese statement.

Comments

• Dusty34Dusty34 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

You have to wonder if he is using the stigma around the University with the Fields and Newman situation plus everything happening in the world to try and get a lot of attention to his waiver to let it go through.

Im not saying some of what he said isn't true, but i have a very hard time believing 100% of that statement is true

• DoberDawgDoberDawg Posts: 79 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What are current players saying about this? Seems like they would be tweeting something to defend their coaches. Players staying silent on this is probably not a good look. Not saying the players are responsible for disputing Reese’s claims but they would be the most credible defenders of our coaches.

• Bulldawgfan0389Bulldawgfan0389 Posts: 233 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So im guessing this is just the cool thing to do now? Because you want playing time you claim you experience was toxic and coaches manipulated you into something, whats next gonna make a Penn state type claim 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,648 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This. Poor baby. The campus police were rude to him...some random student said a bad word to him. Boo-hoo. Grow up and get over it. He's taking advantage of the current hyper-sensitive political environment we live in to get that waiver. How does leaving UGA because of "racisim" and transferring to Mississippi make sense to anyone? Just give him his dumb waiver so he can enjoy playing in the Outback Bowl and be done with it.

• DawgFanInDEDawgFanInDE Posts: 131 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You can agree with this or not, but at the end of the day, this is not a good look for UGA and Kirby! I highly doubt CKS addresses this to the media, so you know Kirby will have some explaining to do via FaceTime.

• roydawgroydawg Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So Kearis Jackson was involved? Assume he’s talking about a police incident.

• Bulldawg2Bulldawg2 Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Adversity can be a hard pill to swallow for some...

• SATX_DAWGSATX_DAWG Posts: 36 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yup appears that way. Interesting he didn’t touch on anything else.

• SATX_DAWGSATX_DAWG Posts: 36 ✭✭✭ Junior

I agree. I meant the allegations with CKS.

• UGAJ0EUGAJ0E Posts: 240 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think a lot of uga fans are fast to assume this is false. But whatever live your life.

My question is why would Kirby block his eligibility either way? That to me is the part that makes zero sense.

• dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We have issues.

I don't doubt anything Otis said...

This is a business and he was a major depth piece on the back end of a defense that had no offensive support.

Does this stuff happen at every school?

Yes.

Just because the kid is bad mouthing our beloved Dawgs doesn't mean we should invalidate what he's saying.

Athens Cops ****!!!

All coaches are two-faced...

They are your best friend in recruiting, then your worst nightmare once your on campus.