Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Pruitt to Tennessee?

josh31533josh31533 Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior

Comments

• Options
    ddodsonddodson Posts: 32 ✭✭ Sophomore

I think this bodes well for our efforts with Brenton Cox. However, I do feel like Pruitt could pluck Kevin Sherrer for his DC. That would be bad news for the DAWGS.

• Options
    dawgfandawgfan Posts: 36 ✭✭ Sophomore

He is going to make a great HC. He has that burning desire to win and improve. And we all know he will raise hell until TN has what it needs facility wise. Kirby should thank him for UGA's indoor facility ;)

• Options
    DawgsonTopDawgsonTop Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, doubt he will be Phil’s puppet as some implied about whomever takes the job.

• Options

Was thinking I’m just glad it’s not CMT. He’s got our defense clicking pretty good, I’m sure CKS has his fingerprints on it, but I think it’s Tucker’s defense. What CKS said after the ND game reaffirmed that for me at least.

• Options

@ddodson said:
    I think this bodes well for our efforts with Brenton Cox. However, I do feel like Pruitt could pluck Kevin Sherrer for his DC. That would be bad news for the DAWGS.

I hope we do pony up to keep Sherrer. As well as the rest of the staff for that matter.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The weirdest thing happened while I was in Knoxville. A dove release too signal how things are going in Knoxville.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=HlJUcJnoNFk

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Reports out now confirming the hire. Several outlets running the story. I hope we have already locked up Sherrer, because that would be a big loss for us. Pruitt will have Tennessee on probation in a year. He’s reckless.

• Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well we will know what sherrer is doing by who he visited tonight and tomorrow. If he was going any where he wouldn’t be visiting anyone. So as Jeff says follow the visits. Just like we know Coley isn’t going anywhere because he was with wildgoose and tucker in south Florida.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dbrown7494 said:
    Well we will know what sherrer is doing by who he visited tonight and tomorrow. If he was going any where he wouldn’t be visiting anyone. So as Jeff says follow the visits. Just like we know Coley isn’t going anywhere because he was with wildgoose and tucker in south Florida.

Not necessarily, many coaches finish their playoffs/bowl games before starting their new gig. A la Kirby and many others.

• Options
    TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This would be fantastic beyond just the fact that we'd keep CMT. Cox, Wynn, Joseph, and more may reopen their recruitment. All were guys we targeted.

• Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I said nothing about on the field coaching. I was talking about recruiting. If you would have actually read the post.

• Options
    amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I saw this one coming before it hit media outlets. I CAN’T STAND UT and UF, but I think both got the right coach. And as much as I want to continue to BEAT THE DAWG CRAP out of them, we do need them to be relevant. A homerun hire for UT, IMO. Vandy, Kentucky and Mizzou, although they may have some decent seasons, just won’t likely be relevant for very long periods. I do see USCjr, UT and UF moving up with their hires.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Looking like Rocker and/or Sherrer in play for the Pruitt staff at UT

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pruitt is a good coach, but I don’t think he is a good leader.

He undermined Richt during their last year at UGA.
    Their was a physical altercation between Pruitt and another coach because Pruitt was badmouthing richt.

• Options
    KingoftheSouthKingoftheSouth Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

3 more years of not having to worry about Tennessee. Have they put the 2018 sec champuonshop tieckets on the market yet?

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

@tiger_62082 said:

@bmauldin said:
    Pruitt is a good coach, but I don’t think he is a good leader.

He undermined Richt during their last year at UGA.
    Their was a physical altercation between Pruitt and another coach because Pruitt was badmouthing richt.

Richt was borderline negligent in certain aspects of his job the last few years. Case in point: hiring failed transient assistant / horrible recruiter Mike Ekeler. That dude had been run out of everywhere and was somehow given a job. He could've made a move for Lupoi or Trent Bray or someone else. There was just way too much complacency and Pruitt, a man who didn't like coaches collecting paychecks whilst openly pontificating how recruiting is overrated; Georgia not having an IPF being used against it on the trail; and the yacht, caviar, cocaine & boob job big donor class sitting on its hands and not pumping $ into the program, wouldn't go for it. I applaud him for his efforts because he initiated a cultural change in the program - an evolution of sorts - that afforded us the opportunity to get Kirby. Jeremy is a change agent.

You could say Pruitt was the Moses and Kirby was the Joshua. Pruitt didn’t get to enter the promised land, but Kirby did

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Richt was borderline negligent in certain aspects of his job the last few years. Case in point: hiring failed transient assistant / horrible recruiter Mike Ekeler. That dude had been run out of everywhere and was somehow given a job. He could've made a move for Lupoi or Trent Bray or someone else. There was just way too much complacency and Pruitt, a man who didn't like coaches collecting paychecks whilst openly pontificating how recruiting is overrated; Georgia not having an IPF being used against it on the trail; and the yacht, caviar, cocaine & boob job big donor class sitting on its hands and not pumping $ into the program, wouldn't go for it. I applaud him for his efforts because he initiated a cultural change in the program - an evolution of sorts - that afforded us the opportunity to get Kirby. Jeremy is a change agent.

I will have you know I didn't get my boob job until after I sent in my Hartman contribution.

All kidding aside, you're right about Pruitt being a change agent. I will point out, however, that those types of people often don't last very long as they tend to burn bridges. If you look at Pruitt, this will be his 5th different job in less than 7 years. I know some of that was dictated by circumstances but it would concern me if I were Tennessee. I think Pruitt is a good coach and this could be a homerun for them. It could also completely blow up in their face.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So, who is Bama's next DC. That will be interesting.

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,173 mod

@pgjackson said:
    So, who is Bama's next DC. That will be interesting.

Lupoi

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Would Saban go after Tucker or Sherrer?