Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

BA Bashing soapbox

dawgfantipdawgfantip Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am going to soapbox on something so I apologize beforehand. This is not to everyone just a few people who I wont name.

@DawgNationDaily does his job. I hear people griping about how he spins things. Do people not realize he is performing his role. I for one appreciate it. We have

1. @JeffSentell who's job is to tell the recruits story. Yeah he comes from a uga perspective but his first job is to tell recruits stories.

2. @MikeGriffith is a guy who has been all over covering college football and his job is to tell uga stories from a national perspective.

3. @DawgNationDaily who's job is to discuss uga football from a fans perspective. Yes he highlights the good, and puts a positive spin on the bad. IT'S HIS JOB!, and he does it very well imo.

The guys at dawgnation imo do their jobs well. If your not happy with the coverage there are plenty more options out there.

Comments

• donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't mind BA's spin and I have learned to take his football prognostications with a large grain of salt. Back a few years when he oft proclaimed that UF's offensive line was so poor it would lead to their demise, and it didn't...I realized much of what he said was simple gator hate and wishful thinking. No problem there once I understood that.

• gooddawggooddawg Posts: 70 ✭✭✭ Junior

I rarely read any of the articles here but no matter whether you agree or disagrree you should be respectful. However todays culture is messed up. In a lot of cases if you disagree you are a hater or basher. There is hardly any room for civil discussion without the person who is accused of bashing being bashed simply because they disagree. Every once in a while i will read an article but i usually dont because i usually disagree with it.. But i hardly ever then post about it. As long as someone is not name calling someone disagreement should be fine.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

I think it stemmed from a poster that popped out of nowhere and his first 2 (only) post were bashing BA. He hasn't posted since.

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2021

Please be careful not to turn around. We have four also. The oldest graduated from boot camp yesterday and the next in line starts Pitt in August and the next will have her license soon and the youngest has three jobs and is investing.

also you posted before and there was a lot of growing In between.

• how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think that term is "troll" instead of poster..but I could be wrong.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

We Mods had to go through extensive PC training during Covid protocol....😜😉 JK!!!!

• donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • ReelLifeDawg843ReelLifeDawg843 Posts: 192 ✭✭✭ Junior

I love all of y, most of y’all! But this is an “Auto-reply email while on vacation” if I’ve ever seen one! 😂

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There are many types of fans and journalists. BA is an unapologetic Dawg fan who writes and speaks to UGA fans. He interviews interesting people and he makes a lot of great points. But, he’s a Georgia fan, not a guy pretending to be disinterested—WYSIWYG. He plays an important role in my info gathering process. If I want a skeptical/negative view the options are abundant.

I have often brought up an interview from ‘17 where Kirby was asked if the Dawgs were “there” as far as being able to compete with the Bamas of the CFB world. Kirby was blunt. He said, no, we just didn’t have the athletes to compete with Bama. I was surprised he said it. Well, Kirby ended up being wrong. The team continued to improve that year and we went to the wire with Bama. Saban admitted after the game that we were very competitive. My point is that even the coaches don’t know exactly what they have ahead of the season. Journalists and fans know even less than the coaches. I take everything predictive with a grain of salt. DND makes bad calls from time to time, but so do the coaches and the “disinterested” media.

• BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2021

Always remember to polish the apple before giving it to your teacher. Also don't assume your teacher prefers apples to say a nice bottle of scotch, put some thought into it.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I enjoy @DawgNationDaily and I like those that report for us. I especially like @Mike1975 because he tells it like it is. If you want sugarcoating read a Martha Stewart article. @JeffSentell does a great job with recruiting and normally gives us more info than we deserve.

However, nothing is perfect and to point something out isn't always bashing. So, to that point, I would like to mention something that drives me crazy. BA asking a questions on the podcast. He can't just ask "What is Gilbert going to bring to the offense". Nope, it would go a little something like this: So about Arik Gilbert, you know I have always been a fan of his since he was in high school. I really wanted him to commit to us initially. When he didn't I really felt blue. You know that blue is one of his high school colors, unlike mine high school colors which were unfortunately orange and white. And you know orange is a really offensive color. Speaking of offense what is Gilbert going to bring to UGA's offense this year?

Again, just one man's opinion.