Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Rob Estes

JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I met Rob Estes on September 5, 2015. He and his family had just been recognized on the field for their efforts in establishing “Can’t Never Could,” a non-profit organization that provides assistance to families that struggle financially while battling illness.
Rob was an easy guy to talk to, the kind of guy that can make you feel like a best friend in five minutes. He told me that his doctor found a brain tumor in his head two years prior and gave him a few months to live. After surgery and treatment he was ecstatic that in two years of having twice a month MRIs there was absolutely no sign that the tumor had returned. But mostly we talked about Mark Richt, Grayson Lambert, and Nick Chubb. He loved the Dawgs and seldom missed a game. It was clear that he was attacking his second lease on life with love, joy, and passion.

When I got home I had a Facebook friend request from Rob. I was genuinely glad to have made his acquaintance and to have this method of social media to keep in touch… until a few days later when he posted that during his bi-monthly MRI the doctor saw a tiny spot that would eventually send Rob back into surgery.
For the last two years Rob has been on a medical roller coaster, but he never lost his optimism or his sense of humor, or his passion for “Can’t Never Could,” or his faith in Christ, or his love and devotion to his wife and two children... or his zeal for the Bulldogs. He was getting healthier through last summer and it just seemed that the skies were bluer than usual. He was so pumped up about Kirby Smart and the sicem17 class and Nick Chubb coming back for his senior year; he was convinced that 2017 was the year of the Dawg- almost like God’s providential hand was going to will Georgia to a National Championship!
On December 5th, just three days after celebrating Georgia’s first SEC championship in twelve years, Rob suffered a grand mal seizure. As bleak as things seemed Rob quickly got enough strength to sit up and joke around with his visitors. But on December 13th the doctors had the dreaded long, hard conversation with his wife, and she took him home to Hospice care.

This was one of Rob's last posts. On December 17, 2017 at 4:10 am, Dawgnation lost a great Dawg.

https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/mightytosave/journal/view/id/5a367f84d398d0f130abe349

https://cantnevercouldinc.com/

Comments

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry for his family and friends.

• dawghousedawghouse Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

DGD right there! I had a loss last December, been a long year up til now, and this December is no easier. But gotta keep chopping wood. Thoughts and prayers for his family during this hard time :'(

• PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Touching story. DGD.

• jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greygoose01 said:

DGD right there! I had a loss last December, been a long year up til now, and this December is no easier. But gotta keep chopping wood. Thoughts and prayers for his family during this hard time :'(

@greygoose01 I know exactly how you feel!

@ugaforever what is wrong with you? You always downvote the dumbest stuff, but this takes the cake, pal.

• dawgnation7dawgnation7 Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Toughest part of life. I’ll be Praying for his family, RIP.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jarred_buck said:
    @greygoose01 said:

@greygoose01 I know exactly how you feel!

@ugaforever what is wrong with you? You always downvote the dumbest stuff, but this takes the cake, pal.

Yeah not sure who this @ugaforever cat is, but he's like a d.am.n leech. He's now DV'ing everything I say in every thread I comment in, for absolutely no reason. Definitely starting to rub me the wrong way. Don't ever recall having a debate or discussion with him before, so not sure what his deal is. But if you look up his profile on here, he sounds like a real piece of work. So I'm not really surprised he's still acting like a childish d-bag.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Suddenly lost a good friend and a DGD two days after UGA put the beating on UF.... I was so glad he was able to see it....

My thoughts and prayers to his family

• CoachRob16CoachRob16 Posts: 428 ✭✭✭ Junior

Will keep his family in our thoughts and prayers.