Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Connor Riley

FitzgeraldDawgFitzgeraldDawg Posts: 7 ✭✭ Sophomore

Always argumentative and arrogant. People get mad at mike Griffith but I can tolerate him way easier than the smugness of Riley. The question he asked Smart in the presser is a prime example.

Comments

• DawgwiredDawgwired Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What did he ask?

• markrichtermarkrichter Posts: 341 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

Full press conference. Question comes near the end, at 19:33.

• dawfanfromalabamdawfanfromalabam Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And neither writes worth a crap. I mean just poor English, bad grammar, run-on sentences, misspellings, just simple stuff we were taught in grade school, Worst best writers on any forum.

• MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

If Kirby wanted his players to get more attention he could make them available for interviews, or better yet, allow media to request who they want to talk to after games.

Then, guys like Dan Jackson and Zamir White could be requested and interviewed about the great games they played, or Devonte Wyatt.

Or Kirby could allow position coaches to talk, which would enable them to talk about more players performing well in their group.

Please stop judging a process you do not understand.

It was odd for Kirby to be rude to Charles Odum, one of the kindest, most well-respected journalists in the nation, earlier in that press conference.

JT Daniels' health is a major part of the story and Kirby triggered the speculation by telling ESPN before kickoff it would depend on his warmups. It was logical to ask about it.

Are we in a country now where you want the person conducting the press conference to control all the questions?

Sheesh ....

• DawgwiredDawgwired Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

Mike, don’t act like we live in a country right now where the media spins the narrative or reports half stories or not on the story at all because it doesn’t fit the narrative. The media is not perfect by any means and you know it. Alll you have to do is turn on the tv. Whether it be ESPN or ajc or some other channels. Connor wasn’t put in jail for his question but based on how he asked it I think he knew it would rile Kirby just a little. And it did and I don’t blame him. And all you have to do is read his article today about the qbs and see why Kirby as a coach would be upset. And by the way we are in a country right now where a person controls the questions at a press conference!

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Okay I listened again, the first time it did not jump out at me.

Connor gave Kirby a chance to explain his frustration.

I don’t see that as increasing his frustration.

• SWDawg68SWDawg68 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Everybody RELAX!

Not an easy job and that same job does get scrutinized from all different sides and at all different levels! But, you go in knowing that, right?

Here is the beauty of all of it, we just beat the brakes off of Arkansas and Florida just gifted themselves the BIG "L" and UK feels relevant!

I wonder if LSU, Florida, A&M and even Missouri, between their shots of "Fireball" have any concerns that their coaches got pissed off at a question in the post game pressers!

We need to keep all things in perspective, seasons like this don't happen every year!

• atadawgatadawg Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior

OMG, this cracked me up so much I had to go back and find Chip's question... and he was right.